• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GO SMS PRO - Plays music when receiving a text

Hi all. First-timer here.

I recently installed GO SMS PRO (second try). It used to do some weird stuff like forcing you into speakerphone mode, but they seem to have fixed that bug, so I'm giving it another go.

Now it seems to be doing a new weird thing: when I receive a text, it plays a song from my music library. It's the same song every time, but there is nothing I can see that would distinguish this song from others; it's not the last one played, it's not at the top of the Songs list, none of the typical things you might think.

It's also not set as a ringtone anywhere for any app - it's actually not a song, it's a meditation routine, so it wouldn't be particularly useful as a ringtone.

This is mostly an annoyance for now since I generally have my phone with me, but it's a very strange one. Anybody else seen something similar?

Go SMS sets its own notification tone, and I have very occasionally seen it go crazy and change it to something random. Usually I'd made some changes or updated the app or something - not common enough for me to have worked out what caused it. I'd just change it in the app and that would be it.

Not happened for a long time, but my setup is pretty stable these days and I stopped updating the app a while back (as with a lot of Go stuff I felt that each update was making the app more cluttered and bloated, so just stopped).

Upvote 0
Greetings eequalsmcaputo,

This is probably due to the notification settings in GO.

1. Press the menu key to get to settings.
2. Select settings
3. Notification settings
4. Default notification settings
5. Select ringtone. Here your can choose to turn off the ringtone or choose one that you want to play.

At the top of the default notification settings page, there is a option to test your settings to make sure it's what you want.

Welcome to the forums.

Hope this help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones