• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Go SMS Pro

T_VASS

Feb 1, 2011
I was wondering.. today i installed Go SMS Pro and I was wondering how to set that as my default messenger. I disabled the notification setting in the stock messenger but still shows up.. Can i set Go SMS as my default or do i just need to remove the stock messenger shortcut?

Yes, you'll want to remove the stock messaging icon or "short cut" from your home screen and replace it with the go sms one. Also, go into your stock messaging settings and shut off all of the send/receive notifications, etc., and turn on/personalize all the ones in the go sms app. Remember, don't remove or uninstall the stock messaging app entirely - leave it there in your app. tray - go sms needs this to still be present. Finally, go to go sms settings and read their important tips section for useful info. on how to optimize the program and fix any glitches (like getting duplicate text messages from the stock program not being completely deactivated, etc).

For me, this has become one of the apps worthy of replacing the htc one...has worked flawlessly on the t-bolt and seems to have nice regular updates. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
so i have just installed go sms pro and am trying to figure out how to remove my original messenger icon on my home screen and placing the sms pro icon. if thats do able? or if theres anyway to access the go pro features through the old messenger? i honestly have no clue what im doing lol i have the galaxy S 2 btw help? :D

Upvote 0
I've had go sms and love love the app, but for some reason when i click on the icon this AM it goes straight to the stock messeger. I don't know how to get it back and i've tried force closing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling it. help!

i have an htc evo

Also, you should post in the HTC Evo forum, as this is the Thunderbolt forum. You'll get better insight from those using your phone, especially if you are experiencing problems (no offense to those who already answered, as they were great suggestions!).

Upvote 0
Remember, don't remove or uninstall the stock messaging app entirely - leave it there in your app. tray - go sms needs this to still be present.

I've completely un-installed the stock app, and just used GO or Handcent with no issues.

GO has an option to check if you have deleted the stock app, and I believe Handcent does too, been a while since I've used Handcent though so don't take that as Gospel.

Upvote 0
Yes, you'll want to remove the stock messaging icon or "short cut" from your home screen and replace it with the go sms one. Also, go into your stock messaging settings and shut off all of the send/receive notifications, etc., and turn on/personalize all the ones in the go sms app. Remember, don't remove or uninstall the stock messaging app entirely - leave it there in your app. tray - go sms needs this to still be present. Finally, go to go sms settings and read their important tips section for useful info. on how to optimize the program and fix any glitches (like getting duplicate text messages from the stock program not being completely deactivated, etc).

For me, this has become one of the apps worthy of replacing the htc one...has worked flawlessly on the t-bolt and seems to have nice regular updates. Enjoy![/QUOT
ok so listn!!! URGENT-
i had install go sms pro nd shut of d odt sms notifications but dn i uninstalld go sms nd i still dont get ny notifications...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I have a droid x2 with go sms pro. everything was working fine till yesterday, now whenever I take a photo threw sms pro and send it to anyone it changes all past sent photos to the last photo sent. it changes it on my phone and the person i am sending the photo to. if I use the message system my phone came with and check all the links of the photos I took they are correct but when i go back to sms pro all the photo's are the same as the last one sent. I noticed that the photos sent threw sms pro are not being saved on my phone anymore. everything else works, I can send video's no problem and videos are saved to folder. i tried uninstalling sms pro and re installing it 2 times and nothing changed. any ideas?? please?? going nuts trying to figure this out and don't want to start over again if I don't have to.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to create groups in this app? I want to be able to send out sms messages to a group of people.

Start a new message then tap the + in the upper right corner. Then tap groups. If you already have a group in the stock SMS it will be listed under Phone Group. Otherwise tap Go SMS Group, tap the phone menu key, then tap Edit Group...in the upper right corner will be a + that allows you to create a new group. To edit this list of groups tap the phone menu key again and select Batch Mode to delete the groups you do not want.
To send a message to your new group open a new message window, then tap the +, tap groups, then check the group you want to message, then tap OK...the names of recipients in your new group should appear in the box at the top.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
And as long as we're talking about issues with SMS Pro, the deal breaker for me is MMS behavior. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get an mms through SMS Pro only. If someone sends me a pic, it comes through the stock app and the Pro app. Thought I had looked at everything and still can't get the stock app to shut off completely. Any ideas?

If you've already turned off the auto retrieve settings in the stock app, and set GO to disable the stock app then you're out of luck.

Unless of course you're rooted in which case, freeze the stock app with TiBu, or delete it altogether.

Upvote 0
I want to select and copy text from one message, and paste it into a new message. Is there a way do do this in Go SMS Pro?

Or even the ability to 'forward' an SMS message to another user would do.

If you long press the message you want to copy it will bring up an options box that allows you to forward, delete, copy, lock, etc. If you copy message text you can then long press the compose window and the paste option will come up.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if something can be done with this message constantly popping up over my keyboard. It makes it really hard to type a message with this popping up. It started happening when I sent an invite to join the direct connect through Go SMS network. If I cant fix it I will have to remove the app because it is too frustrating trying to type with this message popping up all the time.

Upvote 0
Start a new message then tap the + in the upper right corner. Then tap groups. If you already have a group in the stock SMS it will be listed under Phone Group. Otherwise tap Go SMS Group, tap the phone menu key, then tap Edit Group...in the upper right corner will be a + that allows you to create a new group. To edit this list of groups tap the phone menu key again and select Batch Mode to delete the groups you do not want.
To send a message to your new group open a new message window, then tap the +, tap groups, then check the group you want to message, then tap OK...the names of recipients in your new group should appear in the box at the top.

Hope this helps.

Please anyone tell me how to solve this problem. plz...

I have Galaxy note and i have installed Go Launcher ex and Go sms pro.

I created an sms group in my contacts and also i created 1 sms group in go sms pro but the problem is that with the default sms number. Go sms pro selects the land line number when i send sms to the whole group.

please anyone tell me how to set default sms numbers in go sms pro

if not possible in this software then i am ready to change the software, please suggest.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones