• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go SMS Time Stamp Wrong

lexluthor

Android Expert
May 15, 2010
I don't use Go SMS too often, but I just noticed that I'm having a problem with the time stamp.

I have a Droid X, running 2.3.

When the message comes in and I get the popup notification, the time is correct (i.e. 7:30am). When I go to view the message in the message list, the time is 4 hours earlier (i.e. 3:30am).

The time in the stock messaging app is correct.

I even tried a wipe data on Go SMS and started with a totally clean install and saw the same thing. I also recieved texts from 2 different people and again saw the same thing.

Sent messages from GoSMS appear with the correct time stamp.

Any ideas?

Go sms has a setting somewhere to fix this (don't remember where sorry). The otehr option is donwload 'sms time fix'

If you can find that setting, please do let me know. I can't find anything like that.

As far as sms time fix app, why would that possibly work if the stock app is correct? I wouldn't imagine I'd be seeing the issue just in go sms if this app could fix it.

Upvote 0
If you can find that setting, please do let me know. I can't find anything like that.
Its there, but I deleted the app because of problems so sorry I can't be more specific

As far as sms time fix app, why would that possibly work if the stock app is correct? I wouldn't imagine I'd be seeing the issue just in go sms if this app could fix it.
No idea... I used sms time fix for the stock app, fixed the problem for me. I installed Go sms a few weeks later. I did not touch the setting in go sms but somehow the problem reappeared. In frustration I deleted go sms. Problem solved. Perhaps the apps have a different method of determing the 'correct' time.

/rant: Android is just not very reliable. Laugh at me all you want but as a phone I find wm6.1 is 10 times better than gingerbread!
/endrant

Upvote 0
Been doing some searching and seems like I'm not the only one with this issue.

I tried unchecking automatic for my system time, but that didn't do anything.

I see references to "time office" in Go SMS settings, but I just can't find the option. It's even listed in their market description. Another link I found says it's in receive settings, but I don't see it there. I am navigating in the advanced menu.

Anyone know where this setting is?

Since the time stamp of sent messages is correct, I'm not quite sure setting a time offset will fix this issue.

Very strange.

Upvote 0
I adjusted it to +8 hours cuz that's how far off mine was. Only for incoming texts though. Still doesn't work. I'm stumped. I have Droid Razr. Anyone figure this out yet? No matter what I change in the time correction setting, the incoming texts still show 8 hours too early. Very annoying problem with an awesome app!

Upvote 0
I adjusted it to +8 hours cuz that's how far off mine was. Only for incoming texts though. Still doesn't work. I'm stumped. I have Droid Razr. Anyone figure this out yet? No matter what I change in the time correction setting, the incoming texts still show 8 hours too early. Very annoying problem with an awesome app!

I was having the same problem with go sms on my razr. Changing the offset under important tips didn't help. But then I unchecked run persistant (or something to that affect) at the top of the same important tips section, and now the offset setting works, and my timestamps are correct!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones