• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go SMS...Why did the developer screw up a good app?

That trend started a long time ago - I gave up on Go a couple of years ago because every update was making it worse ;)

Personally I use Textra, which is very simple and fast. If you want more customisation then as El Pres says there's Evolve, or I've also used Chomp (same dev as Textra but more customisations).

Upvote 0
That trend started a long time ago - I gave up on Go a couple of years ago because every update was making it worse ;)

Personally I use Textra, which is very simple and fast. If you want more customisation then as El Pres says there's Evolve, or I've also used Chomp (save dev as Textra but more customisations).

Qft - Textra ftw.

Upvote 0
Was this update within the last 3 days. I suddenly noticed my theme looks a little different - more spread out, but not much else. Can you be more specific in what you are having trouble with?

Just a couple minor things for me: when you type your message, the words go out of the box after the first line and the emoji icon is off center. I don't like how its spread out either. So, I installed version 5.61.

Upvote 0
Ditto the others who hated it and downgraded to 5.61. The new update really screwed up a great app - took away a ton of customization options, apparently got rid of GoChat (and I USED that), the formatting in texts is all wonky, etc. Make sure you rate it on the store and tell them they screwed it up - maybe they'll go back to how it was with 5.61.

Upvote 0
This upgrade is a downgrade. I can't schedule a re acuring sms when I figured out how to create a scheduled sms it wouldn't let me go back in and update the contact list. I have emailed them 3 times and all I've gotten back is my same email, but no direct response. If anyone has an app I can use on my glaxaxy s 4 that will allow the same features as the go sms once did PLEASE let me know I'm sooooooooo disappointed with the upgrade as they call it... T Calvin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones