Go SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

I am having a problem with Go SMS on my Nexus 10. It will not send out any messages. Nor does it pick up messages I have sent or received on my Galaxy Nexus. Am I missing something here?

2. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

Does it work without a cell network?
  3. chiph411

It looks like it does not, bear with me as I am new to the android world. So, is there any way for SMS/MMS on this device other that Google + ?
  4. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert but SMS/MMS are cell phone messages.

If you're talking about instant messaging there's all manner of apps.

I mostly use Google Talk.
  5. crazy3gz

crazy3gz Active Member

Try Google Voice, that's what you're looking for.
    chiph411 likes this.
  6. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Google Voice is really nice to use on tablets...I wish I could get it to work reliably on my Verizon GNex.
    chiph411 likes this.
  7. Maturola

Maturola Well-Known Member

If you got a android phone you can use "table talk" to SMS from your tablet
    chiph411 and Atma like this.
  8. MDbandit

MDbandit Well-Known Member

And it works great
  9. chiph411

Just installed Tablet Talk and this is what I was looking for. Works great.

10. Xuthus

Xuthus Well-Known Member

SMS is a messaging system inextricably linked to the cellular radio network. If you wanted to be to use SMS on a WiFi only tablet you would need either to use an Internet to SMS gateway or have a pair of cooperating apps one on the phone and one on the tablet. Such a solution exists for being able to send SMS from a PC with Chrome installed by using a Chrome extension and a cooperating app for the phone (deskSMS?)

On the other hand there are plenty of instant message apps that run natively on phones, tablets and PCs. Which one you go for may depend on what your friends have but there is a service built into Google+, there is Google talk, Facebook has an IM service, there's WhatsApp and a good many others. Beware Apple and Blackberry have proprietary instant message apps that try to get other people onto their platform. Best to encourage friends to use an open standard or at least well ported service.