God, I just KNEW I shouldn't have even tried to root... Please help =(

Last Updated:

1. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got back a warranty swap Nexus One with an old version of android (2.2) and thought to myself "Hell, I might as well try rooting for once since it the 1-click method doesn't unlock the bootloader and you can always go back right?" Wrong [​IMG]

Well, I updated the radio as part of the Cyanogen 6.1 installation to radio version 5.12.00.08 and now that I don't want to be rooted anymore I can't seem to get the radio version back to normal to what it should be on 2.2.1

The 2.2.1 radio should be: Baseband version 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7

But when I updated to 2.2.1 it stayed the same: Baseband version 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 [​IMG]

Have I screwed up my radio? I just want to get my phone back to normal please help [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. t0ph0id

t0ph0id Well-Known Member

Surely you just need to re-flash the old radio image, then un-root your phone.

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Why not just leave 5.12 installed? Won't cause any problem.

4. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

?? Exactly what i thought....

5. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks you guys for responding.

I am worried about not getting OTA updates though since I messed with the radio and installed Clockwork recovery.

Before I tried rooting and flashing Cyanogen I was able to go into system updates and get a prompt to update to 2.2.1 while I was on 2.2. Since then I have unrooted, and when I restored back to 2.2 I wasn't able to update ota to 2.2.1 (Which I think is due to the radio not being what it should? Or clockwork recovery still being on my phone?)

I don't want Gingerbread to come out and not be able to get OTA updates and always being stuck on 5.12.00.08 radio for the rest of time :(

What is it that actually stops rooted phones from getting OTA updates? Is there any way to know if I will get OTA updates in the future or have I screwed this up by messing with the radio/installing clockwork... even if I have put my phone back to 2.2.1 but the radio version is different? :confused:

6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Radio is nothing to do with OTA updates, recovery is though.

7. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

im sure before it even hits ota there will be a manual install apk on xda

8. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

I have flashed many radio's and have always gone back to 4.06. All you have to do is re-flash the older radio. Nothing special to do other than flash and re-boot.

9. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

This. It's no doubt that not only will the official update be on XDA, but I'm assured that custom ROMs may beat it to their like it happened with Froyo. Froyo leaked early in development cycle and the gang at XDA had versions ready to before the official version was released.