God of War III

Last Updated:

1. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my lovely wife bought me GOW III today. Our anniversary is at the end of the month....... I know, I know, she kicks ass. :D
    So I pop it in the ol PS3, and let me just say, the first 10-15 minutes of this game is absolutely spectacular, I've never seen anything like it. It reverts back to the usual game play that GOW is known for after that first 'welcome back'. But IMO, if the rest of the game sucked, I believe that first 15 minutes would carry the whole thing.

I played for a little over an hour tonight and I think they did a great job on this edition, the graphics are amazing, kill sequences are improved and the game has improved dramatically.

Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a GOW addict.

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Hi Jeff. I just got the game yesterday and already beat it.
    The story was to short for me..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. gordon green

gordon green Well-Known Member

i really enjoyed it, one of the best game of the year for me

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

It was a really good game.. but I'm stuck on a few of the challenges. The stoned one is very hard.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Kick-ass series of games, love all 3 of them!

6. schtip8bit

schtip8bit Well-Known Member

it was good very pretty but alot of the same, yet i still enjoyed it

7. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

Loved it, but enjoyed Uncharted1&2 (especially2) more.

8. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Haven't had the chance to play it yet but I'm sure I'll get to it soon.

9. ed_mcnasty

ed_mcnasty Active Member

i think it was great but i enjoyed dantes inferno more. gow3 lost its steam after a while and was too short. dantes inferno cheaped out on certain sections too but it didnt feel as weak

10. tomthetank

tomthetank Well-Known Member

I had this game a while back, was amazing! still trying to beat it on the hardest difficulty :(

11. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

How long did it take to get the Platinum? As clearly playing it through and beating it are different things...

12. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

Actually, playing it through would be the equivalent of "beating it." Getting every little achievement and doing every possible thing would be considered "mastering" the game.

EDIT: As for the game being "too short," I haven't personally played it yet, but I must say, you will be hard pressed to find a game that isn't lacking in length anymore. It seems developers are more focused on making it look pretty than the longevity of it. Even Final Fantasy XIII, a game of a series worldly renowned for its deep, in-depth story lines, and many, many hours of gameplay, was lacking in this department. However, SE claims that the lack of playing time was due to the fact that it was their first game on the PS3 and they were simply learning the engine and seeing what they could do with it. According to them, the next installment (due out within a year supposedly) will be more like its predecessors. I guess only time will tell for that, but back on topic, Games are just not like they used to be. Like everything else, they are evolving. We, as consumers, wan things to look pretty, and in order to do that, the developers have to sacrifice some things. The ol' metaphor still stands, "We can't have our cake and eat it too..."

13. dmp316

dmp316 Well-Known Member

Well it was the best of the GOW series. From the 1st 5 mins to the last fight. It was an amazing game. I of the best i have ever played. I love the series so much i per-ordered the ultimate edition. I was able to get the platinum trophie. I have nothing bad to say about the game.