GoDaddy Email Setup (I'm new, but I've also read up on the docs)

Last Updated:

1. dmoney

dmoney New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I'm new (be easy on me!) to the forum. I'm certainly not new to smartdevices or OS's, but it seems I'm having trouble configuring my personal GoDaddy email with my new HTC hero (sprint).

I've read through many pages on this forum, including others, about this specific issue, and although some folks have been able to get their godaddy email account configured and working properly, I think I'm amongst the majority in not being as successful.

It's important to note that, my INCOMING works to perfection. I get notifications on time, and I can see all items in my inbox. My problem lies only in the smtp, OUTGOING configuration for my GoDaddy email account. I can't send emails out from my device, as I also receive delivery failure notifications as soon as I try to send mail when I reply to an incoming message.

I've consulted with the following, and none of the companies below have been able to assist me, but not for a lack of effort on their part:
    GoDaddy Customer/Tech Support (And the GoDaddy Android Article)
    Sprint Tier 2 Tech Support
    HTC Tech Advisors

Steps I've taken:

INCOMING: (again, incoming is working fine...)
    1) Username is my fqdn (full email address)
    2) Password is good.
    3) POP address: pop.secureserver.net
    4) Security type: NONE
    5) Port 110

OUTGOING (the problem):
    1) Login Required IS checked off (GoDaddy informed me it must be, but I've even tried it NOT checked off)
    2) Username is my fqdn (full email address)
    3) Password is good
    4) SMTP address: smtpout.secureserver.net
    5) Security type: NONE on ports (25, 587, 3535, etc) AND WITH SSL on 465...

Sprint suggested to use mail.sprintpcs.com for SMTP -
    I've also read that I should try mail.godaddy.com on other forums...
    ALL no such luck. I've even tried different combinations of SSL and NON SSL.

Imap wasn't an option for me, as I can't even configure my INCOMING using imap.

One of the Sprint techs called me back to say that this is in fact, an Android issue, which brings me here? Has this been verified?

ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I've been banging my head on this for the past few days.

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Ive no idea what go daddy is Try putting this on the sprint forum.