goggles on the devourSupport

Last Updated:

1. phirefaux

phirefaux Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So the reason we are not able to see the google goggles app in the market is because our phone does not have the auto focus camera it says is needed.

that app seems soo cool and i want it do you think that there is a way we can download the app anyway, like via the interwebs

i understand some functionality may be lost without the camera but why cant it work otherwise?

Advertisement
  2. Djakamoe

Djakamoe New Member

why oh why does our phones not have a focus feature of the damn camera!!?? all my photos are blurry cuz i cant hold it steady enough lol... also while im here and you seem to be the guy to go to on these phones.... my phone is becoming slow... and not running right. like... during a phone call... it becomes ******ed. i cant access anything during a call and the screen just goes black... cant even hang up. is ther anything i can do to help this?... i even did a factory reset to try and fix it... no such luck.

3. homer169

homer169 Well-Known Member

The first thing I would look at is what apps do you have installed? Also do you delete you call and text histories?

4. phirefaux

That could totally bog it down. I've read bad things about them but I keep a app killer installed for the rare times when my phones slows down a bit.

5. Djakamoe

Djakamoe New Member

lol... i didnt realize it kept record of EVERY call EVER... im gonna delete that... and i read in some other forum widgets really bog it down aswell.. i cleaned up the home screen.. seems to run a lil faster. my biggest problem tho is that during calls my phone just goes dumb. i cant do anything... even after a factory reset it acts the same. like... say if i wanted to hang up on someone... i couldnt because it doesnt react to anything.

6. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Odd, I've never had that issue. I use my app killer a lot, I also uninstall the apps that I seldom use so they don't collect over time. Not sure if it increases my phone speed, but I definitely get more battery life not having all of the widgets I did before.

7. tony1121

tony1121 New Member

8. mimii

mimii New Member

I have an App Killer too and it works just fine. I love everything about my Devour except for the shtty battery life and the blurry camera. My backlight is at 10% and it most apps are killed and it still never lasts more than 4 hours after removing it from the (charger unless it is turned off of course)

9. phirefaux

apps arent going to kill the battery, widgets and gps/wifi/bluetooth are going to help drain it quickly. switch your battery profile in settings to battery saver if its really that bad. the blurry camera is because you purchased a device without a auto focus camera, a small trade off for decent build quality.

10. motoblur96

motoblur96 Member

i have the moto devour and i often find myself on getandroidstuff.com. it has several apps for free, very good copies and convenient for when there is a desired app for 2.0 and above or something just not available to my beloved phone.