Going back to a previous versionSupport

1. Sofire

Sofire Active Member

Yes it's since I've updated that the problems have all started. Wish I could revert back to the previous version but no such luck.
    I'm with T-Mobile UK.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Ask one of the others , but I would think either rooting (if you're up for it ) or mabye flashing a RUU could get you back on older software
  3. Sofire

Sofire Active Member

I don't know how to do either but if it means I can go back to a more stable Desire HD then I'm up for it.
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Running an appropriate (branded or unbranded) RUU (which is an .exe file) from your computer will put your phone back to previous firmware.

Is your phone carrier branded or is it non-branded?
  5. Sofire

Sofire Active Member

Does carrier branded mean if I got it from a mobile operator? If so it's T-Mobile. If not explain what you mean please.
  6. D-U-R-X

As in, when you start the device up, does it/ have a t-mobile splash screen (t-mobile logo screen) and did it come with a load of pre-installed apps that you cannot remove?

If it does, then your handset is carrier branded (and that would make things a little more difficult, but not impossible), if not, then it is unbranded (and that means that things would be easier).
  7. Sofire

Sofire Active Member

Ok, yes it's carrier branded. So what do I do now please?
  8. D-U-R-X

It would mean that you would need a copy of a T-Mobile RUU in order to flash the phone back to an older version of the software. These are harder to find, but I will have a look when I get in from work this evening! :)
  9. Sofire

Sofire Active Member

Thank you.
    :)
  10. D-U-R-X

Have had a bit of a look and not been able to find a t-mobile branded ruu... will keep looking over the next day or so and come back to you - bear with me :)
  11. Sofire

Sofire Active Member

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
    :)