• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Going back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough with the bickering.

The Iphone is a good piece of hardware, there's no doubt about that. But AT&T just sucks (there's also no doubt about that).

The Hero has flaws, but so does the Iphone. My sister and brother-in-law both have the newest Iphone, and as soon as their contracts are up are jumping off the Iphone bandwagon and getting an Android phone (assuming something better isn't out by then). They both actually offered to trade their Iphone for my Hero, which I said no chance in hell to lol.

Yes, Sprint can't do data and voice at the same time (from what I understand, an inherent downfall with CDMA), but so few people would ever need to do it that it doesn't make a difference.

Everyone has an opinion, and let's leave it at that. I do not suggest posting your personal gripes with the Hero on a Hero forum, as you are only going to get flamed (for good reason). The same thing would happen if you went on an Iphone forum and posted how much you hate the Iphone and that the Hero is by far the better phone for you. Is it necessarily true? No. Everyone has their preferences, and we should leave it at that whenever possible.

/rant

Upvote 0
why are you still here? just go away....
To annoy the children.

The original point of this thread was just saying thanks for the good information and good posts that let me play with the hero to try and make it the phone I wanted to make my decision before my 30 days was up. To contribute my opinion for anyone else who might be weighing the options before getting locked into a 2 year contract with either phone.
There is a ton of great input in this forum. I didn't bash and trash the hero, just pointed out issues I had with it right along with issues I had with ATT and the iphone.

It seems though just the mention of a iphone bruises the egos of some that are incapable of having a discussion on pros and cons of networks/phones. Not my problem.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
To annoy the children.

The original point of this thread was just saying thanks for the good information and good posts that let me play with the hero to try and make it the phone I wanted to make my decision before my 30 days was up. To contribute my opinion for anyone else who might be weighing the options before getting locked into a 2 year contract with either phone.
There is a ton of great input in this forum. I didn't bash and trash the hero, just pointed out issues I had with it right along with issues I had with ATT and the iphone.

It seems though just the mention of a iphone bruises the egos of some that are incapable of having a discussion on pros and cons of networks/phones. Not my problem.

Have a nice day.

Well I'm sure you didn't mean any harm but you started a whole thread about going back, everyone know the iPhone is a good phone but I'm on sprint so I get the phone I like from them I have no desire to switch carrier for a phone. Every phone has its good points and bad and just maybe it might be hard to believe but some of us are not interested in the iPhone.

Upvote 0
Please Hammer don't hurt em!!! LOL

Not to get all up in the drama. I have been there done that. I was with Cingular/AT&T for approximately 7 years.

The last phone I owned was the iPhone 3g. I personally had no issue with AT&T as a company/provider until I moved to my current home where I have no service.
Sprint is the only provider offering service in my area (Sperryville, VA). So because of that fact, and considering I work in an OR and I on call quite often I must have service in and around my house.

When I had my iPhone I must say I was less than pleased at least a 1/3 of the time I owned it. Not knocking the phone exclusively, but I had many of the same problems like vm's not showing up until quite a bit later (up to 2 days). By the way, these problems occurred well before I moved and in all levels of service even in 3G. Apple's customer service is a hassle, they were not helpful and basically told me I was stuck with a phone that they knew had issue that were no fault of my own. If you would like I can go into detail as to what was wrong with the phone. Just let me know...

Ahhhh... The Hero... I love it so far, but I see pretty much all the same issues as everyone else. The phone is very customizable, but very slow. I personally don't plan to root the phone as of now (though that may change) :) I still plan on keeping Sprint and my Hero even when I move to an area with AT&T. It may be slower at the moment, but by no means a bad choice. I still have hope for things to come in the future.

Moral: Both phones have plenty of issues. But are both great in their own aspects.

BTW Apple and AT&T can't get there s**t together to work to the same sheet of music due to red tape and politics, so you really aren't going to be that much better going back if are depending on the phone. I hope its for the provider not the phone. If you had to base your choice off of the phones I would still have my Hero. Sorry. Remember like someone said in this thread already, the Hero and the Android phones are getting going give them a little time.

Upvote 0
Oh one more thing... For all the people that seem to believe that its so unrealistic for someone root their phone to get it to do what they may want it to... Plenty of iPhone owners do that very same thing... Jailbreaking??? Anyway, right out of the box, the Hero is fine. If you really trully believe the iphone is better and faster... Switch to AT&T, get the iPhone and then go the Apple forums and complain about what you hate about your iphone. If you're looking for perfection... Design your own phone.

Upvote 0
Oh one more thing... For all the people that seem to believe that its so unrealistic for someone root their phone to get it to do what they may want it to... Plenty of iPhone owners do that very same thing... Jailbreaking??? Anyway, right out of the box, the Hero is fine. If you really trully believe the iphone is better and faster... Switch to AT&T, get the iPhone and then go the Apple forums and complain about what you hate about your iphone. If you're looking for perfection... Design your own phone.
yea that's logical design your own phone.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Isn't the Everything Plan cheaper than AT&T's comparable plan anyone, even without a discount?

Do they verify with your company if you are employed or not? I'm with a small company and zero discount possibility. Could I say that I'm with someone big and get the discount?

When I switched to Sprint the guy at Wireless Toyz said that I worked for Home Depot and got me the discount. I'm not sure about verification, the guy had to give Sprint some kind of an employer code, but he took care of all that. The discount also used to be 25% and just recently dropped to 23%.

Upvote 0
Good luck with not missing calls with ATT. I know alot of people with Iphones that had to get home phones since they were missing alot of calls at home. I dont want to get into with another fanboy. Its crazy how many people are almost at a brainwashed state with the iphone. A friend of mine told her boss that has a Blackberry to get an iphone since he was using mostly for work. Anyways there was my rant. kinda pointless.

It is not brainwashed, those of us that had an iphone and now use android, see the difference everytime we toch our phones. My hero is clunky, slow laggy and buggy. CDMA cellular south, cannot be rooted. Besides for 600.00 one should not have to hack a phone to do the basics. You cannot multitask with the hero thats for sure, not like i could with my iphone.

All day everyday i have to fiddle around with it just to keep it running. Yes it works, it's functional but barely and only with tweaking it every two hours. cache clearing, task killing, etc etc, when one works and relys on their phone for their job, it's a critical time killer and a headache, for kids who like to hack and tweak all the time, it;s a playground.

If anyone knows how i can get my hero to just work, let me know, I am open to suggestions. I am tired of the music player popping up and playing after i hang up from calls, bluetooth is dodgy with headsets and my in truck stereo, 3 steps to hang up a call, freezes, lags, slow...please help us former iphone users, we made the switch, why not help us?

I never had att service problems in my area but it is a problem in a lot of other places.

PS when i was an iphone user, and went to the iphone forums, the posters were way more polite, friendly and helpful. Many here are smug and quick to flame anyone who critisizes the phones or OS. Al i see here is good riddance, design your own, or it's just you, crap like this. Im into android for awhile, I am trying to make this work...a lot of us former iphone users are...you will not get converts like this thats for sure

Upvote 0
yea that's logical design your own phone.:rolleyes:

The message means all of the phones on the market are going to have some pros and cons for everyone. Remember I too just switched. To be quite honest this phone lacks in areas a lot but I don't complain... I just hope time and new products will start to improve what we currently have, and whats coming in the future. I'm just saying... Don't be so negative considering we chose to by the Hero. You could have researched and tried phones out in the store.(if available) to see if it was a good fit before buying. No sense being down now, just make the best out of the phone ya got or buy another. If that's negative, my bad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones