• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going from 2.1 Root to 2.2 OTA

see i have to disagree. I never deleted anything off my phone. all i ever did was freeze the blockbuster and city id etc apps. Then today I unfroze them and tried doing the OTA and i keep getting failed to update...so what is going on? all i ever did was root 2.1 and freeze a few things....so what do i need to do to fix this phone. after this i am done with doing anything unofficial. seems like its more headache.

Upvote 0
see i have to disagree. I never deleted anything off my phone. all i ever did was freeze the blockbuster and city id etc apps. Then today I unfroze them and tried doing the OTA and i keep getting failed to update...so what is going on? all i ever did was root 2.1 and freeze a few things....so what do i need to do to fix this phone. after this i am done with doing anything unofficial. seems like its more headache.

I disagree, i think official is more of a headache. Why not just wait till friday and use Rom manager to switch to a rooted deoxed optimized 2.2/ 2.3.15 from birdman?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones