Going From 2.1 to 1.5General

Last Updated:

1. erjennin

erjennin Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I've had it with 2.1 v2 randomly going completely silent requiring me to re-start the phone to hear people/make call/or hear notifications. I want to go back to 1.5.

My question is, can a Verizon rep flash the phone back to stock software? I originally had an issue with my phone and the rep at the store flashed my phone with the stock software and I basically started from day one all over again. At this point, I would be okay with that.

On the other hand, if someone knows how to fix my issue with 2.1... help please.

Advertisement
  2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

As I understand it, there is no way to go from 2.1 back to 1.5 as of right now. Even a VZ rep can't do it.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

not gonna do it'

[​IMG]

4. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

LOL.

Hey Caddy, I was thinking about this the other day. There must be some way to get 1.5 OS and install it the same way. I am sure there is a file somewhere to download, from HTC or something. If not then it seems it would be possible to pull it off an Eris with 1.5. I have a very small amount of knowledge but it seem that this should be possible for someone to figure out and do. I know I have seen you in other threads saying it can't be done, but I thought I would ask with this detailed thought :)

5. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

The devs have been plugging away at trying to get a downgrade from the leak working for weeks with no success. If it were this simple we'd all be on root by now. :)

6. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

VZ stores might have a different rom that over writes the entire thing without verification of existing system. all you can do is try it. worst case they tell you your SOL