Going from BB v1.2 to v0.8 (ESE53) Question

Last Updated:

1. Numark

Numark Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I want to upgrade my Droid from the older 2.0.1 build of Pete's Bugless Beast ROM (1.2) to the newer ESE53 based 0.8 version. What I want to know is how to keep all of my data and apps and stuff when I make the upgrade, because according to his instructions you have to use his nandroid backup to go from the older 1.2 BB to the new 0.8 BB. I tried following his instructions once before, and while I was able to successfully upgrade to the newer ROM, I lost all of my apps and data and ended up just restoring from one of my own nandroid backups back to 1.2.

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I'm not sure that there is a way to do it without having a LOT of conflicts.

I did exactly what you want to do, but did the nandroid restore. It took about 30 minutes to repopulate my home page and reload my apps (most of which I realized I didn't want or need anymore). Bottom line: 2.1 is stable, smooth and obviously the way of the future. Good luck :)

Numark likes this.
  3. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

use titanium backup to save your apps and data. then after you install v0.8 get titanium again and restore from back-up.. that is the best way to go.. you can also re-sync the apps with the market from titanium so you will receive update notifcations

Numark likes this.
  4. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

+1

Titanium backup is your solution especially if you flash roms every other day. haha

5. Numark

Thanks guys, worked perfectly!

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

How exactly does Titanium backup work then? I thought it would get wiped out too with a full wipe. Does it store everything in the cloud and then retrieve it? :confused:

7. Numark

No, it backs up everything into a folder in the root of your SD card which isn't affected when you wipe your phone for the new ROM, so that when you re-download Titanium Backup, your backup files are still there.

8. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

Titanium backup was a good call.