going from droidmod to smoked glass 4.5

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sometime this week i want to wipe my phone and go from droidmod to most likely smoked glass

i have a few questions though

1.say i ever wanted to unroot could i just keep the droidmod app on my phone and use there stock no root thing to go back or is there another way please advise?

2.if i wipe my phone in the process of doing smoked glass i dont have to reroot right?

3.is busybox included in smoked glass or i have to install that my self if so then how?

4.and if i have to pretty much root from scratch do i have to install sprecovery and all of that?

just trying to cover all my ground before i do this so please advise thanks as always

Advertisement
  2. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

1. i don't use the droidmod thingy so i'm not sure

2. if you wipe your phone you are not unrooting, you are just wiping all you data, settings and apps. you can however back all of this up with a program called titanium backup, and then you'll still have all your apps and stuff to reload on the new rom.

3. the smoked glass roms do include busybox.

4. you don't have to root from scratch. to load the new rom you'll just be doing an advanced nandoid restore from the SPrecovery screen.

it's all pretty easy really.

3. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

you can still use the DMupdater even if running a diff rom

4. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info