Going from G1 to Vibrant... I lost my contact app!

Last Updated:

1. rifter

rifter Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, this is annoying. I use the contact app, that is in the G1. I can go to contacts.google.com and edit my contacts. now, in the Vibrant, that app isn't there. my groups are gone. Anyone have any idea on where to get the app, so I can revert? This is annoying. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

Have you added your gmail account to the phone yet?

3. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I just went into gmail and added my contacts that way. Just click on applications and pull it up and sign in. Then sync.

4. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

There's a Google contacts app? I know you can auto sync it to your gmail account.

You can just go to menu > settings > sync & *something* > select gmail. I think that's right.

5. rifter

No, this is different. Google has a contacts app on the G1. I am not finding it at all, on the Vibrant. I can import, but it is a different app.

6. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I had my contacts on mytouch slide in gmail. When I switched to this phone I signed onto my gmail in the apps section and then clicked sync contacts and they all came over.

7. rifter

The contacts are there... it is the app that changed/vanished. Now, I have a bunch of new contacts that came from somewhere. Contacts changed... just some weirdness... but the contacts are ALL there... just a different app. I was hoping to find out how to get back to that functionality.