• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

going from S2 to S5 (size)

gilroy222

Mar 10, 2012
I searched but didn't get an actual clear answer from any former S2 owners...

The S2 feels like its the perfect size for me and is the last reasonable size of screen. I will have to upgrade soon as the battery is basically cooked and the phone is getting slow as hell.

I really want the S5 mini but I've given up as there is literally No news for when it's coming to north america and theres already talks about the s6 (jesus...).

For those of you that went from the S2 to the S5, was it too big? always use my S2 with one hand, Although I can reach with my thumb on the S5 it feels kind of uncomfortable.. Do you get used to the size or will I find myself switching back to something else later on?

Thanks

I searched but didn't get an actual clear answer from any former S2 owners...

The S2 feels like its the perfect size for me and is the last reasonable size of screen. I will have to upgrade soon as the battery is basically cooked and the phone is getting slow as hell.

I really want the S5 mini but I've given up as there is literally No news for when it's coming to north america and theres already talks about the s6 (jesus...).

For those of you that went from the S2 to the S5, was it too big? always use my S2 with one hand, Although I can reach with my thumb on the S5 it feels kind of uncomfortable.. Do you get used to the size or will I find myself switching back to something else later on?

Thanks

My wife upgraded the same about 3 weeks ago, and she's loving it!

Upvote 0
For those of you that went from the S2 to the S5, was it too big? always use my S2 with one hand, Although I can reach with my thumb on the S5 it feels kind of uncomfortable.. Do you get used to the size or will I find myself switching back to something else

Hi gilroy. As I went directly from an S2 to an S5 I can answer this for you.

No question it is bigger. I have pretty big hands, I'm a lefty; I can just barely reach the top of the screen with my left hand. I can't with my right.

The S5 has a one-handed feature that let's you swipe quickly from the edge of the screen (in-out swipe from edge about half way in) the screen shrinks down and is easy to use one-handed. I use this feature quite often and it's excellent.

The larger screen size is well worth the day or two it might take you to get used to the larger size overall.

FWIW my wife is tiny/petite with tiny hands and she has an S5 and loves the phone through and through.

So coming from any phone to the S5, I'd say the increase in screen size is much more a benefit than a hindrance. I use it much more often for web browsing / email, etc. than I did my S2, directly because the screen is bigger / better.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Upvote 0
Waiting till the 8th of December. That's when Bell is having a promo apparently. How did you guys find the battery life compared to the S2?

Mine is brutal. I can only get a few hours from my S2 just having the screen on. It is also rooted though so I may have increased the CPU a bit but it is still unacceptable.

Upvote 0
Waiting till the 8th of December. That's when Bell is having a promo apparently. How did you guys find the battery life compared to the S2?

Mine is brutal. I can only get a few hours from my S2 just having the screen on. It is also rooted though so I may have increased the CPU a bit but it is still unacceptable.

I recently upgraded from S2 to S5 too like many others here. I'm really satisfied. It's more nice with a bigger screen! I woulden't get back
to the S2.
The S5 seems big at the first time but you'll get used to it fast..

On the battery side: My S2 didn't even reach for one day (Heavy usage) + it was really well-worn.
Plus I had the extended battery.
My S5 reach for one day. Not exactily the whole day but to 7 in the morning to like 5 o clock.
I usally have 5 or maybe 13 percent left.

I don't remember exactily to fully but it's something like that.
And the battery time is really ok.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones