General Going price for a Refurb TP

1. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member

OK guys, I'm waiting for my refurb/replacement to arrive from HP after sending it in for the dreaded charge/no charge dead TP issue. I've been running CM9 for a few months and have been pretty happy with it but.....with this recent dead unit issue coupled with a few other glitches I'm starting to think I'm ready to get out of the whole "root" process and just go with a unit that is Android loaded from the start. Don't get me wrong, I have loved playing with the TP and it's been a great little tablet but now I may want to move on....So, here's my questions:
    1. Have any of the updates/nightlies/alpha releases cured the charging issue?
    2. If I decide to sell, what's the going rate for the TP? Looking at ebay, I see several for between $150-$175.
    What are everyone's thoughts?

Convince me not to dump it for anything else..............

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

The charging issue was fixed on June 9th and the fix was merged with nightly builds about a week or so later.

Microphone and headphone issues were fixed in early July. I believe the July 7 nightly would be the earliest build that fixed all these issues (and reportedly was a good build).

Wifi was also updated before July. The main issue now is the camera and it's questionable if it will ever be fixed.
  3. TrueGreen

TrueGreen Active Member

That's why I'm thinking about trading mine it. I'm hoping to get 200
  4. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

As a comparison, I am gettimg ready to sell my 32gb TP with complete original hp case and screen protector for $145, plus shipping.
  5. TrueGreen

TrueGreen Active Member

Just posted mine on Swappa for $165 will post it on here this evening I guess.
  6. colchiro

Have you considered Craig's List? (make sure you specify NO SHIPPING and CASH-ONLY). :D
  7. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member

With the new JB release is there a final CM9 RC for the TP?
    If i decide to Root again what would be the best to install?
  8. colchiro

9. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member

How about the 7-25 nightly colchiro? I saw in another post that someone else if very happy with it....Any experience?
  10. colchiro

I'm still running the highly rated 7/7 build, but one of the next ones should have better battery life while sleeping. (See the nightly thread.) I expected that to be in today's build. I'll be trying that one, but don't have any stats to compare it with. :D
  11. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member

Haven't got my TP back yet so update a soon as you can re. The next ones you try PLEASE! !
    If its stable and the sleep of death is fixed I just might stick around given Dalgrins news....
  12. colchiro

I've never seen a SOD on the TP, just reboots and they were fixed by builds in the last month or so for me.