• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going to return my rooted X verizon

moespeeds

Sep 22, 2010
I've been having issues with my X with the "national access not available" when I have perfect service and I've updated my roaming. Been having this issue from the start when sending and receiving MMS messages. It's also got a new problem where text messages I send will be marked as sent, but the recipients won't get them for hours, sometimes days, and usually they won't receive them until I reboot the phone, yet there is no indication on my end that they didn't go through. So I want to return and exchange the phone. I've searched through the forums, but I'm not clear on what I need to do. I made a nandroid using clockworkmod 2.5.0.6 on my SD card, but how do I restore it to the new phone? I just rooted last week, and haven't really done much with it, haven't flashed any ROMs or anything like that, just turned on the wifi hotspot. So I bring this phone in after un-rooting it, but what happens to all my paid apps that I have, how do I get them on my new phone? I'm assuming I will just put my old SD card into the new phone?

Everytime I have had to do a factory wipe I have had no problem reinstalling Apps from the market or Appbrain. There is a record of what you have purchased, and if you need to, just go and reinstall them. No problem. Since then I have rooted and have Ti backup, so I really suspect that all of that will not be necessary. But, you must re-root your new phone to reinstall Ti backup so you can use the back up feature. It goes without saying that you should use the Ti backup feature to backup your apps and data!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones