General going to verizon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xketchupx, Jul 1, 2010.

1. xketchupx

xketchupx Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    soon to be something...
    central valley, ca
    Hey guys..i will be heading over to my local verizon store tomorrow...i have a trackball/lag/silent call issues, done fdr's, everything, i do have the leak so hopefully i can walk out wit a replacement thats rootable..hehe..so my question is, to be ready to root. what will i need to download, can someone post links etc cuz i wanna do it as soon as i get it..and my verizon stores location will most likely have old eris's..jst wanna be prepared, thanks!(:):D

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
  3. xketchupx

Apr 23, 2010
    soon to be something...
    central valley, ca
    Thanks..i wouldve seahed myseld but this dumb trackball strted messing up..haha:)

4. Gnomesarealive

Gnomesarealive Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Last I heard Verizon was forced to update all Eris(es?) to 2.1, which includes the 1.49 HBOOT, unable to be Rooted unless you suceed with the new method. Every refurb I have ever received was 1.49, this began 3-4 months ago.
    Here's to hoping you get one with 1.47 rootable though!

5. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    No sweat. Hope you get one with an easily rootable bootloader, even if you dont, the 1.49 hboots are rootable now...for some.

6. xketchupx

Apr 23, 2010
    soon to be something...
    central valley, ca
    Well friends of mine jst got eris's bout 2 weeks ago and both have 1.47. So maybe the store will still have some...even if not, this trackball is annoying..lol..thanks tho!:)