going to verizonGeneral

Last Updated:

1. xketchupx

xketchupx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys..i will be heading over to my local verizon store tomorrow...i have a trackball/lag/silent call issues, done fdr's, everything, i do have the leak so hopefully i can walk out wit a replacement thats rootable..hehe..so my question is, to be ready to root. what will i need to download, can someone post links etc cuz i wanna do it as soon as i get it..and my verizon stores location will most likely have old eris's..jst wanna be prepared, thanks!(:):D

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

3. xketchupx

Thanks..i wouldve seahed myseld but this dumb trackball strted messing up..haha:)

4. Gnomesarealive

Gnomesarealive Well-Known Member

Last I heard Verizon was forced to update all Eris(es?) to 2.1, which includes the 1.49 HBOOT, unable to be Rooted unless you suceed with the new method. Every refurb I have ever received was 1.49, this began 3-4 months ago.
    Here's to hoping you get one with 1.47 rootable though!

5. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

No sweat. Hope you get one with an easily rootable bootloader, even if you dont, the 1.49 hboots are rootable now...for some.

6. xketchupx

Well friends of mine jst got eris's bout 2 weeks ago and both have 1.47. So maybe the store will still have some...even if not, this trackball is annoying..lol..thanks tho!:)