• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gold card/ RUU Questions?

kane1513

Aug 30, 2010
I have a desire from U.S. Cellular. Currently I don't know of any way to restore my phone to us cellular branding if i debrand it? Must I have a phone unlock code? It seems intimidating but I would love to have froyo and get updates directly from HTC. Any input would be much appreciated.

If I'm not wrong once you debrand your phone you will still receive OTA updates from the carrier. The only points based on my own experiences r:

a) once OTA update is there if debranded only with the gold card inserted you will be guaranteeing a smooth update without breaking hardware functions i.e.: wireless, data connectivity and all.
b) therefore it would be recommended to downgrade the ROM and then apply the OTA carrier update and then you are done back to the stock ROM.

Not sure if everybody agree.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones