1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Golf Card

Last Updated:

1. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I could not find another help forum to post this, so here is my rant:)

So I downloaded the Golf Card($10) app back in May, for those who don't know it's a gps tracker for the golf course. I was going to play a course I'm familiar with so I knew trying the Golf Card there was a perfect place to try it, if I needed a refund I had the 24 hour refund policy. I knew the yardages were marked to within a yard. Everything was spot on with Golf Card, within a yard. Bunkers were marked,water and hazards marked, yards to front and back of the green. To top it off, I could track distance off tee, how many putts I had, GIR, sand saves, chips, and I could input these things and after the round I knew all that data. Also, at no extra price I could download as many golf courses I wanted, some apps charged you after you downloaded more than 10 courses. Then I could upload all data to Oob Golf website and all my data was there. Pretty cool:) So I played another course, this course was heavily bunkered, lots of water! Well when I used the app, only the the greens was marked. So I emailed the developer and asked what the problem was, swift response I might add, he told me I had to go download the Golf Card manager from the website. In the Golf Card manager, I can mark new courses and backup/restore any data on my phone from the GC manager. Backup/restore option is awesome but never really understood how to mark a new course. Long story short, this app was awesome, I was glad I spent the $10.

Well, July rolls around and the GC had a major upgrade, USGA handicap and instead of Oob Golf, it was US Handicap. Well the first course I played, I could not download any new golf course infromation:mad: Useless now. Emailed developer and again he said download the new GC manager and there I could mark new courses and trace new courses. Still didn't understand, so I went into the android market in the GC app and read all the comments that people were leaving. Everyone who did the upgrade had the same problem:( No uploading of new course information.

Long story short, I found out that no course in the US Handicap database had been marked yet!!! Unfortunately, I had to mark the golf course first before I could download the course information. Did a little research, went to the GC manager and marked the golf courses I played, and even traced a few of them, what a cool feature that is:)

Point of this long rant, SORRY, for any who are using the Golf Card application, PLEASE download the Golf Card Manager from Senygma website onto your computer. There, you can mark new golf courses and trace them. It takes 10 min to mark, about 30-40 to trace a golf course. Backup/restore option there too! If we all mark and trace the golf courses, US Handicaps database will be better than Oob when it comes to downloading course information:) It may just take a while for the database to build.

Sorry for long such a long post, I did not know where else to place my rant!!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Sorry to hear, moved to the android lounge (arguably should be in app review though) as it has nothing to do with the phone.

Hopefully the dev gets something in the works for you soon :)

andygu3 likes this.
  3. andygu3

Was not sure where to post, thanks Kelmar

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

np, if you want it moved to the application review section, let me know.

andygu3 likes this.
  5. andygu3

That's probably a better place, I think this may help someone who is using this application! Thanks again Kelmar