GolfLogix App on DI?Support

Last Updated:

1. Superbad

Superbad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my DI last night. New to Android. New to smart phones and apps. One of the apps I am most interested in is the GolfLogix GPS app. So their website shows an app for both Moto Droid, N1 and HTC Hero. Would I be able to use one of those on the DI or do I have to wait for a DI specific app? Sorry for the dumb question.

Any recommendations on other Golf GPS apps in the Android market?

Advertisement
  2. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

I just use my SkyCaddie.

I am sure the app would work for the DI, no reason I could see why it wouldn't, except for the SD card thing.

3. 550driver

550driver Well-Known Member

I tried Golflogix, couldn't get it to work, the distances were way off like by 400 yds.

The other problem is that once started it wouldn't let my Dinc sleep even after killing the app with System Panel, The only way I could restore back to sleeping was to un-install GL, reset screen timeout to a different time, cycle it once then reset back to the original timeout.

That is with the free 24 hour trial, I won't buy it without being sure I can get a working version.

The other thing to consider is the screen is really hard to read in bright sunlight.

4. Ray3rd

Ray3rd Active Member

I have Golflogix. No problems what so ever.

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

I also use it. I had it on my eris and was able to transfer it to my dinc. It works flawlessly

6. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

I use skydroid. Very nice, easy, and cheap.

7. WeZeL

WeZeL Member

+1 for SkyDroid, cheap and very easy to use. The only down side to it is it doesn't keep track of scores, however I've been just fine with using it for the yardage stuff alone. Can't go wrong for a buck...