gone from stock back to 2.2 vodafone

Last Updated:

1. sulky

sulky New Member This Topic's Starter

i decided today to go back to stock vodafone and then upto 2.2 cause i couldnt be bothered gold carding it everytime i wanted to update

A lot of ppl said on other forums that you cant go from stock 2.2 back to vodafone 2.1....cause of bootloader issues and stuff so i had along hard trawl and stumbled across this

[HOWTO] Downgrade Froyo (2.2) to Stock 2.1 (ANY HBOOT | WIN/LINUX/MAC | ROOT) - xda-developers

and then used the 1.19.161 .exe ruu here Shipped ROMs

remembering to stop the downgrade at the last point (as stated in the guide above), restart the phone and use the ruu to update (without gold card) and then back on 2.1 Vodafone, quick d/l on wifi and update and im now on 2.2

reasons why i went back

1) wife got her desire form vodafone 2 weeks before me and hers was unbranded...THAT WASN'T FAIR.. especially when they launched bloatware updates so i couldnt update, ....she couldnt have something i didnt ;-) so i rooted
    2) i went back cause i decided that Vodafone wouldnt dare to bloat updates again so i should be ok
    3) and i could be bothered gold carding every few weeks

Gets into flame proof suit
    "go easy on me i know vodafone are evil"

thought someone might find this info useful

REMEMBER YOU FLASH/ROOT/UNROOT TOTALLY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Of course you could have just made your primary sd card into a goldcard then your goldcard is always in the device ;)

3. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that this method will only work if you have an AMOLED screen. The Vodafone RUU (same for O2 and t-mobile) is too old to support SLCD phones.