Gonna be a new customer to sprint soon

Last Updated:

1. g916

g916 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was going to get the 450 minute plan for 69.99 with the 10.00 data w/ unlimited messaging and stuff, but no warranty (which would be like 7 dollars a month). How much would the taxes be for the plan?
    I don't want to be expecting a 79.99 monthly bill and end up with 90 a month or something lol

Advertisement
  2. mcnutty

mcnutty Well-Known Member

Depending on the state you live in, it could easily be $90 or more.

3. g916

I live in california, so i would be paying 90/ month? wow i was gonna get the evo instead of the iphone because i thought the service would be significantly cheaper

4. mcnutty

mcnutty Well-Known Member

30 a month is quite a bit cheaper. The state/fed fees are the same from carrier to carrier.

5. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

I live in California and here's my bill (without my % discount):

2.56 Sprint Surcharges
    6.34 Taxes and fees
    ----

When considering ATT & the Iphone, just keep in mind that while we don't have rollover minutes or whatever, you probably won't go through the 450 anytime. Ignoring weekends/nights, you get free mobile-mobile with any carrier. I was charged 5/450 minutes last month.

Oh, and unlimited data - no tiers or anything like that. But I think in the end, it's (only?) $5/mo cheaper than the AT&T plan. I'm not too familiar with their plans, but I think a similar plan is 84.99 (450 + rollover, 2gb data, unlim messenging)

If you drop to 200mb data and limited messenging, you can probably save another $10 or whatever a month. Just gotta be more careful with your usage.

g916 likes this.
  6. g916

damn. do you guys know abuot the discounts like the student and credit union ones and how i could apply for those?

7. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

(Passes out)

8. g916

lol seriously not lookin to spend 90 bucks a month

9. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Well-Known Member

U can call, go in, or even go online to apply for discounts. There's also a thread here that tells you how to take advantage of the EPRP program where u pay $10 less/mo & get 500 instead of 450 mins.

g916 likes this.
  10. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

Not true!! I was paying PA taxes and fees for nearly 2 years and last month I realized I was paying MORE and contacted Sprint and got a $70 credit. So I was paying about $3 and change a month more.....

EDIT....

I just noticed you said carriers and not states......

11. vkdroid

Yeah, I probably wouldn't pay it but I got a relative's 25% federal discount on my account. I think I could have tried to get some credit for reupping too, but no big deal.

12. g916

Wait a relatives? Just curious how did you get that discount applied to your bill?

13. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

how much is the tax for florida.

14. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member

I am setting up an account as well. I asked them how much above the plan rates are all of the add on BS. In Illinois, she said I could figure an additional 18% per month.

The only way to use someone elses discount is to have them add you to their account and then you pay them each month.

15. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

have you priced the AT&T plan for the iphone? with Data and text, and anything else they add-on. Also... you dont get Navigation.

if the iphone is about the same price in service... then you should also take into account the quality of service in the places you are the most.

go with the one that works for your situation best. good luck.

16. vkdroid

My mother opened the account for me, so it's under her name...but I pay all the bills and all that. Probably YMMV as one of the Sprint reps I talked to laughed and said not to tell anyone ;)

I was curious to see what plan I would get for AT&T based on my usage (ignoring all the benefits of being with Sprint) and it would be 69.99. (450, 1500 texts, 2gb). Which is what I paid pre-EVO. Oh well.

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this phone to make up for it. And probably buy a dog, and stream music to him/her all day. That'll teach Sprint good, amirite?

g916 likes this.
  17. skylarroxxs

skylarroxxs Member

I would get the Insurance, my brother just broke his Evo 4G he got on a water ride at six flags and got water damage.

18. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member

Check out both of these threads:
    http://androidforums.com/sprint/71622-all-new-sprint-customers.html

http://androidforums.com/sprint/81670-do-i-qualify-discount.html

Employee discount thing in the first link will get you a 17% discount on your plan, but you may want to contact Sprint first and see what discounts you are eligible for based on who your employer is. Also, check out the second link that has some information on employee discounts.