Good after market batteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Jadams3005

Jadams3005 Member This Topic's Starter

So, like most Evo owners, I struggle with battery life. I've got my system tweaked to not auto update and everything of the sort, and keep 4g off when I can and all that. Still, I use my phone A LOT and I hate having to carry chargers everywhere I go. So I need some advice on a good after-market battery, I saw this one on google, but it makes the phone more like a whale and I love the design.

Seidio Innocell Battery for HTC EVO BACY35HEV4BK

Any ideas on good batteries? Sleek and preferable a little cheaper than $60

- Thanks

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

3500MAh Chinese battery from Ebay.

3. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

pretty sure sleek means not a 3500'er

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I've been using the 3000 mAh battery from china for a month now, I'm still happy with it. And if the battery does go south, I won't mind that much, especially if I bought 2 for $20 and that's including 2 back panels. :)

netdiva42 likes this.
  5. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Well-Known Member

So what's the best extended battery that will fit under the stock cover?

6. Jadams3005

Jadams3005 Member This Topic's Starter

I did mean sleek but I just picked up a 3500 on ebay for $.01 plus $10.99 shipping. Even if it wont fit my car cradle or case, its only 11 so I wont be too pissed.

7. icereignblack

icereignblack Active Member

Yeah, I wish there was a battery that would fit in the standard back panel, because I have the Otterbox case and I am fairly certain that change in size of the battery wont fit.

8. bignibb

bignibb Active Member

I think the largest battey out now that will fit in the evo without adding bulk is the seidio 1750, I bought one tested it against my stock battery and it did last a little longer but nothing amazing, I took it back and bought a cheap $5 so called 2000mAh battery after pulling the sticker off it was only a 900 mAh wich explained why I only got 2hrs out of it. You can get the 1750 batteries from Best Buy, the are labeled Platinum but are repackaged seidios. The will run you about $50 but it the best we got withou changing the back cover and we can still put a case on it and carry it in a holster. I purchased another one and charged it for 12 hrs with the phone off and my battery life has improved greatly. Ican go almost 48hrs off charge with moderate use.

9. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Well-Known Member

So there's no legitimate 2000mAH battery out yet? Sure would be nice to get an extra ~33% over the stock 1500mAH. A couple more hours would be great.

10. dpyle

dpyle Member

I looked into extended batteries and im not paying $50 for one battery. And I don't want to deal with sending something back to china if I don't like it. I ended up buying spare batteries and a charger from http://store.auctiva.com/dad2lxs for WAY less than the price of one battery in the sprint store. Well worth it!