1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Good Apps for Wall Mounting a Tablet?

1. KEShelt

KEShelt Member

Hey everyone! I was thinking of getting a wall mount for my Transformer Prime (considering they're pretty cheap anyway) and was wondering what are some good uses for that?

I think it would look pretty neat and futuristic to have a small flat touch screen on my bedroom wall, but other than pure novelty, I'm trying to think of some cool things. A slideshow would be nice that just alternates, but what else?

Advertisement
    :
  2. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I'm waiting until I can find relatively inexpensive 10" tablets to mount all over the house to run IPCamViewer for dedicated security camera displays. Heck, I don't even need storage capacity, capacitive touch screen, cameras or anything fancy they normally come with. Something with a decent auto-brightness adjust is about all I need for mine.
  3. KEShelt

KEShelt Member

security isn't a bad idea, but you're gonna have to save up quite the bit to get more than 2 or 3 -_-

at least until the iPad 3, Prime 2 and Galaxy Tab 2 come out and up the standards for future tabs while reducing the price for ones we already have.
  4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm aware. I sold a tablet that was about $500ish and the plan was to use that money towards getting a few but I used it for something else and can't bring myself to popping for several others now. Someday. :D
  5. Uzza

Uzza Well-Known Member

So,

A few different options. For any of these options consider buying those black liners that you get to hide cords (usually for TV's.) Cheap and a good way to avoid running power through the wall.

You could mount it, and install a bluetooth enabled speaker somewhere else in the room (under the bed?). Then use the wall control for music in your room. (make sure its plugged in the bluetooth speaker).

If you trade stalks, you could have it run a stock ticker.

You could get a dedicated weather app ( they have big ones) and you will be able to see the weather conditions outside.)

You could once again go with the bluetooth speaker, and get a bluetooth headset, and use Google Now to speak with you through speakers..(this is quite easy to accomplish with ICS)

Anyways, I obviously would like to do something like this. Not sure what though. Please keep us updated.