good backup app

1. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

is there a good app that will backup my text, and stuff, before i root my phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't know about before but i use titanium backup after i run the root before i do anything else .
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Helium is another one you get from the play store.

Myself I don't use them. I do a fresh install and let play reinstall my apps with the newest versions. And my contact list is kept with my Gmail account.

If you know your sdcard is going to get wiped just copy everything to your PC before hand.
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. dgrobe2112

i was just thinking of games and such.. like bike race.
  5. BRAINZ2013

Once your rooted you can download tb and make sure you select app and app data the data is what you need to begin where you left off .
    scotty85 likes this.
  6. dgrobe2112

When I unlock bootloader through htcdev. Will it factory reset my phone? That's what I'm trying to avoid until I backup my games.
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

scotty85 likes this.
  8. BRAINZ2013

But your game data is all ready on your sd card just copy that to your pc and once your rooted you can put those files back or try to swap out files when it makes a new one on the sd card
    scotty85 likes this.
  9. dgrobe2112

gotcha.. my phone doesnt have an SDcard.. as far as i knwo.. unless you mean SDcard as in disk space on my phone..
    scotty85 likes this.
  10. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

yeah the internal storage is still listed as sdcard in the file system under /mnt/sdcard
    and yes it will be formatted at htcdev copy everything to your PC before hand
    scotty85 likes this.