Good Battery-Friendly Kernels to go with UD 2.0.0?

Last Updated:

1. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I want a kernel that gives me longer battery for my UD 2.0.0 ROM, and hits 800-1000MHz. Anyone got any good suggestions? slayher kernels are great with LFY, but not with UD :(

Advertisement
  2. kujayhawks77

kujayhawks77 Well-Known Member

I have had good luck with P3 kernels on UD 2.0.0

AMTrombley0924 likes this.
  3. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Slayers 800/125 worked great on UD2 for me.

4. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

lovin slayher's 1.2 with UD 2.0.0, but i have found that chevy's have the best battery life for me. unfortunately, none of his version 2 kernels that include the interactive governor worked with UD for me. if you can live without it, i would recommend checking out his V3's here:

Index of /froyo/kernels3

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Kernels are such Droid-specific animals that it's really gonna be hit-or-miss on YOUR particular device. My recommendation is to load several kernels on the SD card and try them out to see which combination works best for YOU. :)

6. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

that is true but some of the less popular ones do happen to not do well for most so the kernels you should try first would be the ones that most people use like p3 chevy and slayher kernels.

7. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

Once you're hitting 1-1.2 Ghz, you're going to be draining your battery pretty quickly no matter the kernel. I think the key to being battery friendly is to UNDERCLOCK your phone when you're in 'screen off' mode. I use SetCPU to lock my kernel at 250 Mhz whenever my screen is off. All the basic system functions seem to work fine at this speed (SMS, pandora, etc.) and your standby time will be WAY longer. Neall