Good Bye Bolt - Hello NexusGeneral

1. StateYourJames

StateYourJames Active Member

Thanks so much for all the support with the Bolt. It was a great phone once rooted and moved to CM7 - everyone that helped me through that process was so awesome and when I handed it down to my little brother, he instantly became a droid freak. To anyone who still follows the bolt forum that has the VZW Galaxy Nexus that have any tips, let me know. I'm moving on to the threads now!

James

Advertisement
  2. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

I took my nexus back and that was the best move for me. I could never keep connected with it.
    nateap87 likes this.
  3. blackjaguar25

blackjaguar25 Well-Known Member

I just picked up the Nexus today, but I'm definitely missing my Bolt. I may switch back. Everything works perfectly, but I'm just not feeling it.
  4. fendee1

fendee1 Member

Had the nexus 2weeks , 4g and signal was always dropping. maybe it was the phone but it just felt plastic like, huge gap under the battery, really a 700$ phone and you could of made it 1/4 thinner. Also no support or updates. Best thing I can say is no bloatware but thats why we root. Got a droid razr so much better build. Just flawless. gave it to my daugter will wait for the thunderbolt 2.
  5. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

The two gnex that I returned both dropped 4g constantly and would only charge while the phone was completely off.
  6. FrankXS

FrankXS Well-Known Member

Exactly. And that's with an otherwise good condition sample. I really don't know what they were thinking with that GNex. Lousy voice and data connectivity is a steep price to pay to get rid of a Blockbuster app. :)

-Frank
  7. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

^ funny. my phone feels a wee bit lighter and the screen is amazing.

guess everyone has antennae problems, except me.

how's sense and bloat?

kidding. i do indeed miss my poor kickstand. FAVORITE feature of the Bolt!
  8. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know. I haven't had sense or bloat on my bolt for a long Time :)
  9. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

i've seen u around All Things Root for some time :shakehands:

i know YOU know your way around :D
  10. angldvl81

angldvl81 Well-Known Member

i know what you mean! its a great feeling! i'm sticking with my TB til something comes out that catches my eye and even then, it'll be a tough choice to leave.
  11. STEye

STEye Active Member

I picked up the G'Nex after the thunderbolt, then I exchanged it for the Razr Maxx. Goodbye battery life problems!
  12. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

I hear the Nexus causes brain damage. :D