• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good cases / holsters for this thing?

El Blacksheep

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
So I'm looking around the web for a good belt case / holster for my new Droid, but all the ones I've seen have a magnetic flap to keep them closed. While this is great, wont this confuse the Droid into thinking it's docked (and thus drain the battery)?

because the droid uses magnets to detect when it's docked. if it's docked, it wont sleep and thus will consume more power.

but if magnetic cases aren't causing this to happen then i may buy one, but it'll have to be from a B&M store as i don't feel like waiting for something to arrive only to find i may have to return it.

thanks for the info tho. anyone else experienced this with magnetic cases?

Upvote 0
because the droid uses magnets to detect when it's docked. if it's docked, it wont sleep and thus will consume more power.

but if magnetic cases aren't causing this to happen then i may buy one, but it'll have to be from a B&M store as i don't feel like waiting for something to arrive only to find i may have to return it.

thanks for the info tho. anyone else experienced this with magnetic cases?

YES

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/15163-holsters-magnet-triggering-phone.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones