• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good cases?

T

TxGoat

What case do you guys have on your device? I saw that an otterbox is available and am not sure if I want to go that route vs a simple faux-leather case from Ebay. I did see one that had a place to holster the stylus. Post up or list what you have.

I'd appreciate the review of the otterbox. I went ahead and got
this only because I heard that using the Stylus tends to scratch the screen, as much as I hate screen protectors.
Wow thats a good deal for a case and screen protector. I might need to look into that. The company I work for is thinking about using this tablet with our sales reps about 80 in total. I'm gonna keep that link but with the way my guys handle stuff it might be otterbox all the way I will need to wait and see.

Upvote 0
Wow thats a good deal for a case and screen protector. I might need to look into that. The company I work for is thinking about using this tablet with our sales reps about 80 in total. I'm gonna keep that link but with the way my guys handle stuff it might be otterbox all the way I will need to wait and see.

I'll probably have to give the Stylus away though. I ordered one through sprint when they offered it for $40. This one's probably just some generic stylus. I'll post up if it actually works on the View.

Upvote 0
The Blurex folio case is fantastic. It fits perfectly on the View and offers good protection without adding much bulk. It's very nice looking and feels great. It also doubles as a stand. Additionally, it has a place to hold the Scribe pen. The pen can easily slide out, but if you take the pocket clip off a cheap tire air pressure gauge, it fits perfectly on the Scribe. It then attaches securely to the case with no chance of it slipping out.

It's highly reviewed on Amazon, and it's been a popular choice over on XDA-Developers for a few months now. The first run didn't have a pen holder (as reflected in the early comments contained in the XDA thread), but it was later added. Mine that was ordered in early December following the first OneSaleADay sale came with the loops for the pen.

Upvote 0
Has anybody seen a case with a hand strap on the back or shoulder strap?

lol, you must be thinking about using the tablet in the same manner I'm considering, 1 handed with the stylus for note taking on the move. That was one combination I was looking for but I think case manufacturers figure the tablet is small enough to not warrant a strap. I still think it would be convenient when using the tablet in conjunction with the Stylus like a small notepad and pen. If I find one I'll be sure to post up, but the closest I've found is one with a strap for closing the front cover of the case. I don't think it's going to be durable or wide enough to keep the case firmly planted in your hands.

Upvote 0
lol, you must be thinking about using the tablet in the same manner I'm considering, 1 handed with the stylus for note taking on the move. That was one combination I was looking for but I think case manufacturers figure the tablet is small enough to not warrant a strap. I still think it would be convenient when using the tablet in conjunction with the Stylus like a small notepad and pen. If I find one I'll be sure to post up, but the closest I've found is one with a strap for closing the front cover of the case. I don't think it's going to be durable or wide enough to keep the case firmly planted in your hands.
yes in 1 hand and stylus in the other. This is going to be more for our sales force 70 to 80 units. I'm just still in testing phase. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones