1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Good contacts app replacement?

Last Updated:

1. quebert

quebert Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I'm new here, and I'm sure this querstion has been asked but I searched "contacts" and didn't see anything. I have a Moto Droid 1, was chatting with someone who has a Epic and their contacts app has a bunch more fields. I tried about 6 free ones from the Market and they all stunk really bad. I don't mind paying for one, I just want something that offers more than what I got. Also, would it be possible if I found somebody with a Samsung Epic for them to pull the .APK off their device and me putting it on mine? Mine's rooted if that helps.

Advertisement
  2. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I am a former palm user. Palm OS had many contact apps to choose from. I also am searching for some options for android. Any suggestions? Finding them in the market has not been successful.

3. quebert

I don't think any good ones exist, I've tried every free one I could find and they all were really really bad. For the time being I've given up. If I come across anything I'll post it here.

4. craigb87

craigb87 Well-Known Member

Have you tried saving the contacts to your phone memory if they are on the sim, on my optimus (2.1) I have more fields if they're saved to the phone

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

What fields are you looking for? I have the European version of Droid 1 and I havve the following fields in my contacts app:
    Name
    Surname
    Phone
    Email
    IM
    Postal address
    Organisation
    Notes
    Nickname
    Website

Each entry can be duplicated many times.

6. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

The issue I see with haveing a contact app with more fields is syncing them. Google contacts itsself supports more fields but looking through the android source I don't see any more defined that just what you can see on the phone so it doesn't appear that it will sync the data.

7. quebert

I'd like one for birthday and facebook. I know if I add a birthday to google it will sync back to my phone. But, I can't change it on the phone, and I don't sync my google contacts to my phone. The HTC Sense contacts app is awesome sauce, too bad I can't just rip it out of the sense rom and adb push it to my phone.