good deal or not???

Last Updated:

1. DroidDoesReveiws

DroidDoesReveiws Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a chance to buy the vibrant for 350 cash. what do you guys think, is this a good deal or not? this is without a contract and im doing this off craigslist.

Advertisement
  2. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member

I like aci's answer better. :D

3. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Until I read all the Costco posts, I'd would've said yes. But, if you have a Costco card, multiple posts say you can get the Vibrant off contract for $250. That's $100 cheaper from a great store with an excellent return policy. I'd look into it. I think I might might even look into returning mine to RS and going out ot Costco.

4. DroidDoesReveiws

I called all costcos in my area and its out of stock. also, fyi costco raised the price from 250 to 479, so the costco deal isn't active anymore.

5. Doon

Doon Active Member

i think it is a good deal - if the seller seems like a decent person. make sure the phone works... maybe they will meet you at a tmobile store and activate it with you or something. i would assume the stores are sold out b/c this guy bought all of them and is selling them for profit! see if he will sell it for $320 - that would only be $45 more than the costco deal after tax (and you dont have to pay the costco membership fee ($50).

6. RJA

RJA Active Member

I would go for it in a heartbeat. IMHO the samsung vibrant is worth retail price so 350 is a steal for the phone. Then again that's just my opinion

7. jree

jree Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even hesitate. This is the best phone that I've owned by far. From iPhone 3gs to Motorola cliq, this phone is hands down the most gangster. I paid full retail and don't regret one cent that i spent on it

8. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give cash. I'd go to a bank and get a certified check, and have the teller make a typed note on the certified check, i dunno something like "350 for working good condition vibrant" or something to that effect. I worked in a bank for several yrs, people would come in for certified checks purchases as yours. And never make a check out to cash, always have the persons name on it. Giving cash is kinda risky, no proof you baught it off the guy. And get a reciept from him, just something hand written, I would also ask to see his drivers liscense and note that on the reciept, incase he gives you a fake name and contact info, and the phone ends up being a lemon. Then both of you sign the receipt and date.
    I know kinda pranoid, but kinda weird that you said "cash," when you have lawyers in your family, you learn to cover every corner real well. If he says he doesn't want a certified bank check because it might bounce (yes you can cancell certified checks also)...go with him to the bank to cash it, then that gives you plenty of time to inspect the phone also.

take care

DroidDoesReveiws likes this.
  9. DroidDoesReveiws

@htcevolemon
    thanks for the advice. I think I wont do the bank check thing but I will definitely get a receipt and driver license #.