1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Good for Enterprise SUCKS my battery, any solution?

Last Updated:

1. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need to use GFE for my work, however, as soon as I install this app my battery use went from little over 24 hours to about 6 hours. This dam application just won't stop checking for the emails and constantly keeping my phone active. I tried killing it via Task Killer, via managing applications and all forsaken, as this thing like a locust keeps coming back to life and suck the life out of my battery.
    Anyone came up with the idea how I can kill GFE for good and activate it back when I need it?
    I just upgraded my Incredible to 2.2 and it seems that it has two app managing native tools - "manage applications" and "running services" both show apps that are currenlty running. I tried killing GFE using both and still unsuccessful :confused:.

Advertisement
  2. STLEVOFan

STLEVOFan Well-Known Member

I also have to use GFE. Make sure you have the latest version of Good 1.5.1.113. That version was just released last week and great improved battery life, still not great, but much better than it was. Without running wifi, I get about 8-10 hours, but I have turned to running wifi everywhere I can (work/home) with that turned on my phone will last from 6:45am til 10:30-11PM, roughly.

3. SFBayArea

Thanks, I just checked and yes I have the latest version of GFE. I just wish there would be some kind of set up to make it run when I need it. For instance if I go on vacation I don't want this thing to drain my battery when I don't care about work :-(.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Is there no option to change the update interval in the app? Maybe talk to the developer to add it or do something about the battery life issue?

5. SFBayArea

That is exactly my point, there is no settings to change the interval in the app. I would even like to have a manual check when I needed instead of this thing constantly checking emails for me. But since there is no such option I was wondering if anyone came up with the way to kill this app temporarily?

6. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

I remember Good KILLED my XV6700's battery (windows mobile)... Hated that app.

7. STLEVOFan

STLEVOFan Well-Known Member

No, unfortunately with the android app you can not change the update schedule. Which is a drag, because with the winmo version you could. It's still young so with each release I'd expect to see improvement. Hell, just shortly after the droid came out GFE app SUCKED big time, could really only use it to check and send mail.

8. SFBayArea

Arrgh, I wish they get their act together soon! My phone just died during conference call being up only for 8 hours of really just a standby. Hate that app!!!!!!!

9. tanjen

tanjen New Member

More importantly... how can you delete multiple emails using GFE? So frustrated!

10. skuppa

skuppa New Member

This is a really sux application, I can see 10 email in my inbox and good checkout email one by one. It takes about 5 minutes to get all 10 email. This is one of the worst of application in the universe. It just drains my battery within six hours. It does not qualify for its name. GFX stands SUX.

HW: Samsung Vibrant
    SW: Android 2.1 update 1

11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that they don't have a push solution.