Good GMail widget

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hd2-droid, Sep 11, 2010.

1. hd2-droid

hd2-droid Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I have been looking for a good gmail widget. Can only pass on some advice :)

Advertisement

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    We need to know what you need from the widget. See the messages or get label notifications or maybe just mail count.

Be more specific, but first of all search the Market.

3. hd2-droid

hd2-droid Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Sorry; I agree. :eek:

I really want to be able to see the total email count on the widget. The few I have downloaded (both free and paid) didn't seem to work well when it came to refreshing. I did find one but the graphics were not that great and the widget name text didn't align on the screen with all my other widgets.

Thanks for the help!

4. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    I would love a good gmail widget, similar to the HTC sense mail widget.

The problem w/ HTC's mail client is it doesn't appear to utilize push, it seems that it checks the mail every hour or so...

5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    So are you looking for a widget that just replaces the icon and displays an unread count, or an actual email widget that displays your messages. You can use Gmail Unread Count for...well...an unread count. If you want a messages widget, Pure Messenger works well. I think it costs a couple dollars, but it's worth it. It can display gmail, sms, etc. or any combination.

6. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Pure messenger has mixed reviews, but it appears to be the only alternative..a