Good GPS app

Last Updated:

1. Infamous

Infamous Member This Topic's Starter

I just received my myTouch recently, and im looking for a good GPS app to add to my phone. I need this due to work and driving around. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Feel free to share your opinions also on why you feel its better than other and the accuracy.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Best i can offer is an app "GPS 1-Click-Direction"

I would not say it is best out there ... put reasonable ..

You really need to try various ones and see what works for your own situation ... and not depend on pure opinion of someone else ...

What meets my needs may not meet yours ...and vice-versa ....

3. Infamous

Infamous Member This Topic's Starter

I read about that. My opinion would be, if your willing to pay 10 bucks a month and use it frequently, then yeah it is a good app to use from what im hearing.

4. Tortri

Tortri Member

CoPilot is good.. haven't had a chance to use it much but better than my old gps(esp in jacksonville where the roads changed up).

CoPilot Live Android: ALK Technologies

Click "where to buy" for the barcode. Last one is United states

5. Mormegil

Mormegil Well-Known Member

For turn by turn, the two big options right now are Copilot Live and Telenav.

I'm doing the Telenav free trial right now, and like it, but not $10/mo like it.

It's got text to speech, so the street names are read out loud. It also has somewhat flaky (to me) voice input.

These are two things Copilot Live appears to lack. Copilot is $35 (one time charge, like normal paid apps).

It looks like TomTom will be launching an application, but expect it to be around $100. If it's got the Telenav features with a one time charge, I'll be getting that.

6. topcheffer

topcheffer Active Member

AndNav2 offers turn by turn directions and a decent (though 2D) interface. Best of all its free. Not as full featured as a dedicated GPS device but much better than navigating with Google maps.

7. Mormegil

Mormegil Well-Known Member

I had high hopes for AndNav2. I live in California, where they've got maps already, but most of the time it couldn't resolve the address I was looking for.

8. cusco

cusco New Member

i tried to find this app in the marketplace, but was not able to. i only found andnav1, but not the 2 version. any help?

9. sn0skier

sn0skier Active Member

AndNav2 is dead the developer seems to have abandoned the project and tons of european and american users cannot get the program to work anymore. Maybe he is revamping the program for ADC II. But I wouldn't hold my breadth.:(

10. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

Google Maps now comes with GPS navigation. I recommend you download "Android and Me New" from the market it gives you latest info on androids.

11. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

i've been using the Google Maps Navigation (beta) that just released a week or so ago and actually can't fault it, plus it was free

turn by turn nav, and it actually increased the accuracy of the previous version, plus on my MyTouch, the recalculation speed is far better than my garmin nuvi 680 - on last test trip across town, i took 3 shortcuts off the route it had picked using the major thoroughfares, and within 3-5 carlenghts of making the turn off the calculated route, it had rerouted and was even announcing the "new" next turn

give it a try - won't cost anything - ony reason i'll be downloading CoPilot when my new micro sd comes in, is the google maps are "iffy" if you go into territory (like WVA) where there's no cell svc and turn your phone off - no way to download maps again until you're in cell svc area