Good lord how could I have ever cheated on my Nexus One with an Hd2?! =(

Last Updated:

1. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry guys... I was an idiot! :(

I thought skype, bigger screen, and bluetooth keyboard support would make the Hd2 better than my Nexus One. I also thought that worst case scenario I could just flash Android onto my Hd2 and everything would be great but I couldn't have been more wrong :(:(:(

1) Bing maps navigation pales in comparison to Google maps navigation. No "your destination will be on the right/left". No spoken directions while screen is off. Doesn't shut off music while speaking directions so you cant hear directions if music is playing. Doesn't give you any alternative route option.

2) No Google voice instant free sms notification. Have to log into google voice via the opera browser instead but you get your text messages late since you dont get notifications like you do on the Nexus One.

3) No real appstore. There are some good apps like Skype but that is it! Not a single good game and every app is $5 - 10.

4) Opera and Skyfire are the only browser options. No other alternative browsers you can download like Dolphin or Xscope... None.

5) Keyboard sucks. Swype isn't for me and the stock keyboard has alot of wasted space by having useless arrow keys. It was harder for me to type on the 4.3 inch screen than the Nexus One's 3.7 inch screen which tells you alot. There isn't a single iPhone/Android style keyboard app at all... None.

6) Android runs TERRIBLE on the Hd2. Really badly. Not unexpected though when I think about it with common sense since your running an entire smartphone operating system from a tiny file on your SD card. Terrible battery life, heat issues, and slowdowns galore :(

The things that I just HAD to have which is why I came back to my baby... the Nexus One:
    1) Google maps navigation
    2) Google voice app
    3) DolphinHD browser
    4) Android Market (with real games and applications)
    5) Battery usage statistics
    6) Smart keyboard
    7) Future support directly from Google (Froyo, Gingerbread) vs Microsoft leaving the Hd2 to die a slow, painful, unsupported death.

God how I have missed the Nexus One!!! :D:eek::)

Advertisement
  2. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Hmm...I thought the HD2 had ROM space that you could install Android on to?

3. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

How dare you cheat! Has your Nexus forgiven you? I hope he doesnt to teach you! :mad:

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

WB ap3604...that's why I haven't seen you posting in here in ages :p Well it's a good thing you didn't sell your N1 so you have something to go back to :p

I find that it's soooo sad when I see ex N1 owners posting in other phone forums about their new phone. hmm...is it even sadder that I recognize majority of ex N1 owners on AF? o_O

5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

surprised free hotspot didnt make your list

6. ap3604

I am so glad your still here Roze :)

That was one of the first things I thought about when I came to my senses and made the switch back I thought to myself "I wonder if Roze is still on AF..." I'm glad you didn't disappoint me :p

Yeah I was a baaaaaaaad boy and got tempted by the dark side when I though I could run Android on the Hd2 :( Sorry about that I've learned my lesson... No other phones but Google developer phones!

7. ap3604

Oh it would if I could ever use it!

My roommate pays for the fast internet (15 mbps) so I never get a chance to show off the hotspot capability. Tethering is still nice and would have made the list but the Hd2 has it as well with PdaNet.

I'm glad to see your still here BiGMERF :)