Good Music Player Besides with 2.1?

1. zeldazoo22

zeldazoo22 New Member

I don't think I'm the only one, but I feel that the regular music player has a lot of problems, and I would love it if someone made one similar to the iphones. Is there a better music player app to dl besides the one that 2.1 gives?

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Nemo Player from the Acer Liquid. It is on here somewhere, do a search.
  3. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

You could also try Mixzing in the market.

Edit: just installed the Nemo Player; very slick!
  4. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

I've been using mixzing without any issues. Works well and looks good.
  5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Do either or both of those apps have small (4x1) widgets? I'm using TuneWiki right now, which is so-so. Has some nice features, but the interface and widget are ug-ly.
  6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I think Nemo's widget is 4x1, it is like the stock music widget, or the power control widget, same dimensions.
  7. vincentp

Perfect. Gonna have to try that one then. Keep that on my main home screen, along with that myLock program Fabolous linked earlier. Kind of the next best thing to having lock screen media controls. Actually... it's basically the same. :D
  8. jasonb1985

Where can one download the .apk for this Acer Nemo player? Or is it a root only type thing?
  9. vincentp

Just search the forums for "Nemo". You'll see an older post about it. Link was to Megaupload I think.
  10. jasonb1985

And it works without rooting?
  11. clintiepoo

clintiepoo Well-Known Member

Yep.

It only finds about half my album art though, the stock music player has all of it.
  12. OZFive

OZFive Well-Known Member

Nemo is very nice. I just loaded it and am liking it quite a bit. Thanks for the heads up!
  13. jasonb1985

Just got nemo installed. I'm gonna try it out and see how it goes for a while.
  14. zandroid

To those just installing Nemo with a lot of music, let it index! It may lag for awhile but it'll work after that without any problems.
  15. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

Right off the bat I like this player the best out of all the one's on the market. I'll give it a few days to be sure though...
  16. jasonb1985

I tried nemo and already went back to Mixzing. I just have a couple small issues with the nemo player. Once you select an artist it won't group things by album, it won't find all my album art, and the widget is kinda lame. Its a very nice looking program though, but I prefer Mixzing.
  17. zandroid

I don't like that I can't do Artist>Album>Play album but I'll learn to deal with it because it looks very nice and functions without any problems.
  18. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

Also, I noticed this morning that browsing music isn't as easy since there is no quick letter on the right side of the screen. That's a major misstep for my use.
  19. dpockets1

dpockets1 New Member

20. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

surprised no one has mentioned PowerAmp from the market. IMO, it is the best player out there. full EQ (completely custom or choose from presets), download album art, sorts by artist (and then by album like the one guy likes) 4 different size widgets, 3 skins, supports all formats. the only problem is that it is a memory sucker. but it JUST got released so i have faith it will get better over time.
    Free version is a timed trial (not sure how long the trial period is tho)
    and a $4.99 paid version.
  21. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

How about cube (3)?
  22. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

i heard great things about cube, but i never liked it. tried it for a day (use my phone for music all day long at work) and i could never get used to it.