• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good News for 4G?

330D

From My Cold Dead Hands
Mar 4, 2010
upstate NY
Reactions: NYCHitman1
So I live in the boonies, and can't get high speed internet besides laggy a$$ satellite. This 4G large scale rollout would be such good news for me. I know it would take some time, but if it is in the works, I will be a happy man. I don't really know the logistics or the costs of putting his plan into action, so I was actually looking for a little input from our resident experts... Do you all think it sounds feasible? Or is it a pipe dream?

Upvote 0
So I live in the boonies, and can't get high speed internet besides laggy a$$ satellite. This 4G large scale rollout would be such good news for me. I know it would take some time, but if it is in the works, I will be a happy man. I don't really know the logistics or the costs of putting his plan into action, so I was actually looking for a little input from our resident experts... Do you all think it sounds feasible? Or is it a pipe dream?
There should be absolutely no technical showstopper. If it works in one place, it works anywhere. It is an investment question for the infrastructure. And if you live in the real boonies, you will probably be last - if any.

Upvote 0
There should be absolutely no technical showstopper. If it works in one place, it works anywhere. It is an investment question for the infrastructure. And if you live in the real boonies, you will probably be last - if any.

Is it just a matter of hanging new hardware on existing towers, or is it a little more involved, like totally rebuilding tower sites?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones