• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good News for F6 USERS!!!!!

Finally guys! The F6 in Singapore with the 8mp cameras are rolling with the kitkat. Its not for the d500 and the ms500 but it seems quite compatible with the American F6s. https://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=f6

Ironically, I thought that LG would release the updates first to where there are the biggest crowd of this phone but I guess not.

Remember, its not an update for our phones yet. Its for D505!

I mean if someone can port it or even dissect it so that it can be usable for our phones even before it's (probably) going to be released, go for it!

And also, someone above said something about how the Kitkat's performance and Jelly Bean's performance does not differ very much. But if you look at the differentials a bit more closely, there are certain benefits that our 1gb ram phones can have such as the minimalist ram environment (<512mb) and much more crisp and more rounded user experience.

Android L is rolling out soon and I know there is just no way LG is going to support that. Still, I will be very grateful for getting out of the JellyBean rubbish :smokingsomb:

Umm that's been out for like a week, look at the metro PCs thread there's already a booting port of CM 11 and the d505 version of kitkat

Upvote 0
Umm that's been out for like a week, look at the metro PCs thread there's already a booting port of CM 11 and the d505 version of kitkat

Well, Its not my fault that I don't have the metro PCs' F6 lol. I have D500 not MS500.... Also, I did not find any articles or threads relating to this so I am conclude that you are stating this without a specific evidence and I will disregard it as false truth.... Unless we give us a link to check that xD

Upvote 0
Well, Its not my fault that I don't have the metro PCs' F6 lol. I have D500 not MS500.... Also, I did not find any articles or threads relating to this so I am conclude that you are stating this without a specific evidence and I will disregard it as false truth.... Unless we give us a link to check that xD

heres one

Upvote 0

I know that is Kitkat also but I believe he was talking about a build up of the D505's Kitkat and porting it to the U.S f6's... Also I didn't know about the CM but looks really promising!

Actually, this link is much more relevent to what I was talking about than the link aaanadie posted! xD

So, have they gotten it to work in any way? Seems like the post kinda died out after talking just about how to fix the sd card problem :(

I have seen that you tried to install it on your phone... Any luck?

Upvote 0
I emailed MetroPCS about this a long time ago and they just got back to me today. And this all they said:

This E-mail is in corrospondence to your LG update question. The information on weather the LG Optimus F6 will get the 4.4 KitKat update can be found through LG them selves. You can try visiting the LG website, to see if you are able to get an answer on that update information.

That was a lot of help.

Upvote 0
I emailed MetroPCS about this a long time ago and they just got back to me today. And this all they said:

This E-mail is in corrospondence to your LG update question. The information on weather the LG Optimus F6 will get the 4.4 KitKat update can be found through LG them selves. You can try visiting the LG website, to see if you are able to get an answer on that update information.

That was a lot of help.

They actually used the word "weather"?

Upvote 0
Is wifi calling such a big deal? I was excited when I first heard about it, too. I used it once and the sound was choppy both ways; I've never used it again. Strange, because you'd think sitting near a router would give better data speeds than over air.

I never even set up the E911 address for it to work, so never tried it. Although I used to have a Tmobile flip that had WiFi calling built in and it was nice for those times when there was a stable WiFi signal, but no real cell signal.

Upvote 0
I was browsing the LG website and noticed that both F3 and F6 from T-Mobile have something peculiar:

Help Library

Title LG OPTIMUS F6 D500 SOFTWARE UPDATE Content Operation
Product type Mobile > Cell Phones Date 08/20/2014

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000003-CT10000027-1386286421072

Previously, the date was December something 2013. What could be the meaning of this?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones