Good news for some people on three uk

Last Updated:

1. bigr1979

bigr1979 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am on the internet texter 900 plan at the moment with "unlimited internet" **

when i took out the contract ** was for fair usage and at the time that was 500mb a month.

well i went on their site and saw this....

3 - Help & Support - Terms and Conditions

I called them up and asked if my "fair usage" allowance will be increasing from 500mb to 1gb and they confirmed that it will be, but not coming into effect until August.

This though is good news 1GB isnt ideal but alot better than 500mb at least :)

Advertisement
    fatmabuy likes this.
  2. fatmabuy

fatmabuy Member

Thats good news .......now i can watch a bit more live tv on the move..

bty i am on the same price plan as yours but is your desire dropping calls every 2 minutes its really annoying also after a while the other person on the other end begins sounding funny like a robot..is it a problem with my phone

3. bigr1979

mine hasnt been doing that at all, i dont think i have had a call drop since i have had the phone. i did change the network to the gsm (prl) setting too a day ago to see if it helps battery, u can do that by putting in *#*#4636*#*# into the dialler and a menu comes up, u could try that and see if it helps

fatmabuy likes this.
  4. Rew

Rew Well-Known Member

I've also noticed that you can now see how much data you have left.

Not sure how accurate it is because 3G Watchdog says I've use 87mb and my three account says I've used 72mb.I think i'll agree with Three this time:D

5. bigr1979

i noticed that too, my three says that i have more left than i think ive used.

6. LRMaggot

LRMaggot Active Member

You may well be using applications that are free on the Three network that 3G Watchdog does not take into consideration??

7. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I've noticed this too after viewing My3 for the first time in a while recently and there's about a 30 MB difference between 3G Watchdog (higher) and what My3 says (lower).

8. bigr1979

I say that part of this is down to planet 3 and loading the my account and check my usage pages because although 3g watchdog will count that at data usage three wont as it is free

9. mjpartyboy

Good point, but I haven't visited 3's site or My3 until this week since installing 3G Watchdog and there's no way those brief visits could equate to 20-30 MB.

10. wullie1967

wullie1967 Well-Known Member

hi i have a htc desire on 3 network can u tel me how u watch movies or tv on yours as i dont no how to do this iv tried bbc iplayer but doesnt work

11. mjpartyboy

For BBC iPlayer content I recommend a free app called myPlayer. We'll have to wait and see what the official BBC iPlayer for Android brings when/if it's released.

12. wullie1967

wullie1967 Well-Known Member

thanks mate works great