• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good podcast player?

Zcherub

Jul 27, 2013
I'm using OneCast to keep track of my new podcasts, but it seems it can only streampodcasts. I prefer to download & pattern so as not to use data.

The issue I have w/ Play Music app is that it randomly disconnects from my paired Bluetooth headphones when I open the app (even if it's already playing the podcast through them!). I'd just like a player that behaves a little more consistently/intuitively... Any suggestions (I guess this could go for music players too)...

Thanks!

Give Music Player (Remix) a try. I developed the app with music in mind, but it has a lot of features that are great for long-format audio files (like podcasts) including manual bookmarks with visual cues on the scrubber bar, automatic bookmarks saved in every audio file, fine-tuned controls (5/30/60 second skipping), and the swipe-up mini-player accessible within any other app where you can access your playlist, controls (with scrubber bar) and fine-tuned controls.

Android Police and PC Magazine recently posted some nice reviews:

Music Player (Remix) Puts Other Music Apps To Shame With A Laundry List Of Features And A Swipe-Up Mini Widget

Music Player (Remix) Puts Other Music Apps To Shame With A Laundry List Of Features And A Swipe-Up Mini Widget

And here's the link to the free fully-functional 14-day trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones