• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Good portable music/stereo to go with Nexus S?

smileman

Dec 23, 2010
London
I love my Harmon Kardon Go + Play, but unfortunately the 3.5mm jack is busted so I can't connect it to my Nexus S. Looking for something like it, portable but also capable of being able to plug it into power.

And this is asking a lot, but a remote that could control the music would be nice too.

Since both my MacBook Air and Nexus S have bluetooth, I'm wondering if a stereo that allows me to play bluetooth would be pretty ideal? Any such item exist?

Upvote 0
The best solution would of course be a nice BT speaker system/stereo unit.

What I am using for now is a set of small rechargable speakers charge via USB and play via 3.5mm jack.

Remove the XX from the URL and check them out. I bought the orginal British versions few years ago.

hXXp://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ihome-ihome-rechargeable-mini-speakers-ihm78rc-ihm78rc/10140971.aspx?path=d82910a874afde6e94c4b914093cd298en02

The sound from these speakers is surprising. Not going to shake the frames off the walls, but set on a solid table they put out good base as well.

BB & Hammacher Schlemmer also have the same product with retractable cabling.

I have Bose stuff too, and these aren't them, but for what they are, they work well.

All the best finding a setup that pleases you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones