Good Replacement Dialer

Last Updated:

1. phantom27

phantom27 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I love my Droid. But I need a better dialer that sorts my contacts using T9. I have way too many contacts to scroll through them all. Anyone know a good one that works with the droid.

Advertisement
  2. archer

archer Member

Have you tried opening contacts from the dialer and using the search function (clicking on the magnifying glass icon). It will quickly search your contacts for you. Also try using the voice dial option, it works well.

3. speedracr13

speedracr13 Active Member

You really don't even need to open contacts. You can either hit the search button and then use the onscreen keyboard to type the contacts name, or slide open the physical keyboard and just start typing (no need to even hit the search button) and the person you're looking for will show up in your search results.

4. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

You can also star your frequently-called contacts, then add a folder on your desktop that only shows starred contacts.

5. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

Look for SuperDial on app market. I use it instead of the regular and I love it.

6. The HITMAN

The HITMAN Well-Known Member

What is so different aboot it?

7. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

Gave me the functionality that I so wanted, quick dialing. I can type out someone's name on the T9 pad and it sorts out the possible combination. It's nice...and the price is right, FREE!

8. phantom27

I tried SuperDial and it is pretty good. Almost exactly what I want. It is just a little slow and doesn't look very good. But... all that being said. beggers can't be choosers.

9. JMK

JMK New Member

Smart Dialer might work but developers don't respond to emails. I have 3000 contacts and free trial loads only 600+. Also, to erase number dialed, one has to use Back button on app to delete digit by digit. All the others I've seen are too slow.

December upgrade to phone's operating system will at least, Motorola says, allow Bluetooth voice dialing which is not possible now. As is, holding phone in hand while driving is illegal in California.

What a great phone, though! Closing in on perfection.

10. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

The initial product bulletin for Verizon doesn't mention Bluetooth dialng or I'm missing something. Can you point to a source for this?

thx

11. JMK

JMK New Member

Two sources:

1. Long talk with Motorola tech support during which they assured me that Bluetooth was part of December upgrade since California motorists can't hold phone while driving.

2. Verizon held Droid classes yesteray and our group instructor said he heard the upgrade would include Bluetooth voice dialing.

Nothing is real until it's real, of course, but this is one fix that screams to be addressed.

12. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. There are a lot of things about this phone that if fixed will give them more sales. I think we're going to see a wealth of features to catch up to standards.

I wonder what the effect is on Cali sales.

13. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I LOVE SuperDial - it's like having one of the best parts of my Blackberry again! Very cool...a little lag, but the feature on the Droid I've been looking for.

14. phantom27

I would pay for a good, quick T9 dialer. Superdial is what I'm using but it isn't great. I also tried Smart dial but I found that it wasn't 'finding' all my contacts.

15. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

No love for Dialer One? I believe it is the most downloaded and one of the highest rated dialers on the market. No trials or restricted free version, just a great app. I love it.