Good Rubber Case for IncAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got my phone with all the accessories that I ordered from Verizon. I have two quick questions.

First of all, I got the Red/Black gradient hard cover snap on case from Verizon, which can be seen here: http://assets2.smartphoneexperts.co...ccessories/additional_images/6847/large/9.jpg

What does everyone think of this case? I kind of wanted something a little more rubbery because I feel like it would protect the phone better while this plastic seems like it would just snap off if the phone was dropped. Any suggestions on a better case that is rubber based?

Second, I ordered the screen protectors from Verizon and they came in a 3-pack. My question is, do these screen protectors work well, or are there better aftermarket ones out there? I mean I think to myself that a screen protector is just a screen protector, but I've never used one before so I might be wrong. Any suggestions for this?

Advertisement
  2. Reverence

3. nubbard

nubbard Member

I've been looking at the Flexi cases. They're relatively cheap and seem very nice. I believe they are similar to the high-gloss cases that Verizon sells. They're similar to a silicone case in that you just stretch it on over the phone. I've been looking to buy one on eBay.

Here it is.

4. nubbard

nubbard Member

I actually bought that one very recently and am expecting it soon. I'm looking to get the flexi case though because of the reports of dust collecting on it from keeping it in my pocket.

5. Reverence

That is true with silicone cases. When I keep my BB Curve in my pocket sometimes lint or dirt will stick to the case, but it comes off fairly easily. I just feel like a silicone case will absorb a fall better than a plastic, hard, snap on case would.

Not that I'm planning on dropping my phone, but we all know how that goes, lol.

6. Reverence

Just so there aren't people who read this and decide against getting the case. Now that I have the case on the phone I seem to like it a lot better. It looks great on the phone and snaps together very securely.

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Those Verizon ones don't cover the entire front. I unwittingly bought a pack with my Dinc and had to cut the top and bottom off the shipping protector and stick them back on to cover the unprotected areas until my Steinheils arrived. :D

8. Jeffs23

Jeffs23 Well-Known Member

9. Reverence

You mean they dont protect the actual touch screen part? Or they don't cover the earpiece and home buttons?

10. mched

mched Well-Known Member

I use the Verizon Black Silicone case and love it.
    I also have a Zagg screen protector.
    I don't love the screen protector but don't hate it either.
    I bought the Zagg at best Buy and they put it on for me.
    I had to take it back 4 times before they got it on without any spots or bubbles.

11. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

My wife has one of these although i purchased it via ebay, for cheaper.

We have an SEIDO Active, and Rugged enroute and will be here Friday....I'm excited.

12. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

They only cover the display part of the front, and leave the areas above and below the display vulnerable to scratching. A quality screen protector like the Steinheil or Boxwave will cover the entire front, except for a hole for the optical joystick and a small cutout for the speaker.