Good Samsung Fascinate CasesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. andrew1263

andrew1263 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I just got my first android phone (the fascinate, yeah!) and was wondering if anyone knows of/owns any good cases for this phone. I got the clear hard case from verizon (sales rep sold it to me for half price) and it feels cheap and there is a lot of squeaking going on when I hold it. Also, i've had it for a day now and there is already dust in the case... Anyone have any good recommendations? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

3. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

4. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

I got the hard/rubber case that verizon sales and it works great.

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Get the Dual case from Verizon. It has a clear harder plastic in the back and a harder but flexible colored side section. It is a one piece case that slips on but it is very close fitting. Get the benefits of both a hard case and a softer slip on case. My Verizon had them listed at $24.99 but I got 25% off.

6. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Enter this in the search bar at the top:

7. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

I got the blue one. Love it!

8. andrew1263

andrew1263 Member This Topic's Starter

That's the same case they're selling at the verizon store.
    I'm kind of weary of silicone cases because they're usually dust/lint magnets (since i put my phone in my pocket) and they're a little harder to take out of pockets. But let me know what you think of the case, either way I'm going to have to get a new case.

This case looks nice, but I wish they had more colors available. I like how it covers the buttons, but that could also be a problem when you push the buttons...

9. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Really? It doesn't look like it, it looks thicker like the cases that T-Mo is selling for the Vibrant. My Verizon store just had the hard silicone cases (this one doesn't seem to be hard silicone) and hard shell cases (which I hate because they offer zero shock absorption).

Case-Mate NEEDS to make the Tough Case for this phone....

10. Wbman

Wbman Member

I got two of the "dual cases" from Verizon as well. A blue one for me and a red one for wifey. I really like the case. It is easy to take off and slick enough to slide easily into a shirt pocket. One thing that would make this case tremendous is a sliding lens cover for the camera!

11. xceebeex

xceebeex Well-Known Member

I have the blue Dual Cover from Verizon as well and I am very happy with it!

12. chasemyaccord

chasemyaccord Well-Known Member

Hmm....I'm debating between the blue and black one. There aren't any stores within a 30 mile radius that carry the black high gloss silicone one, so I may have to order it online, which sucks. But if I like the blue one enough, maybe I'll settle.

13. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

picked up the Body Glove @ the VZW store pretty nice so far happy w/ it

14. skipster

skipster Well-Known Member

I got the glossy black silicone and the textured case and holster combo. Loving the glossy one in the holster.

15. XsabaX

XsabaX Member

I just ordered a Crystal TPU gel skin case for mine.. They look way cool when they demonstrate them on youtube videos!! :D

16. shazbonk

shazbonk Member

I wish SGP would make an Ultra Silke case for the Fascinate. I got used to the one I have on my iPod Touch.

17. tlogank

tlogank Member

I too bought the case with the kickstand from the Verizon store. I love it! It's very slim, yet tough feeling. I love that I can use the kickstand vertically & horizontally.

18. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

Yeah thats the one I got and I REALLY like it. Makes the phone feel a little more solid, looks nice, protects the back from getting scratched or dinged and has that cool kickstand. For someone who HATES cases, it works great for me.

19. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Can you please post a picture of this case (while it's on the phone) ?

I would love to see it. I saw a small picture on a web site but would like to see it "in person."

Thanks!

20. redraptor

Yeas absolutly. For now I only have a pic with it off the phone, but Ill make sure to get one on the phone later.

[​IMG]

21. g-android10

g-android10 Well-Known Member

this is what I was thinking of doing w/ mine. Does the holster support the phone sturdy when using the glossy silicone?

22. bstr

bstr New Member

Has anyone found a battery/back cover replacement? one that's rubbery with more grip?

The problem with cases is the phone no longer fits in the Samsung car dock and I really like the convenience of dropping it in when I get in the car.

Instead of a case around the phone, what I've been looking for is a back cover replacement that has more grip to keep it from sliding around so easily. When I'm ready to sell the phone, I'll replace the original, mint condition back cover.

23. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

The OEM Verizon Case/Holster Combo "completes" my Fascinate. It looked somewhat 'cheap' in pics but when I tried it out at the Verizon store I really dug it. Like the way it slides out as opposed to the clip/lever case/holster combo that BestBuy sells.

24. redraptor

Hey guys, took a few (not so good) shots of the kickstand case. I LOVE this thing, its the perfect size without sacrificing protection or comfort. It totally looks dirtier than it should in these pictures (I guess the flash/lighting is making it show up more) but it is NOTHING like a silicone case that collects dust or lint. Its essentially a lightly rubberized hard cover with a kickstand. Its great!!! Very pleased!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Great shots! Thanks. Really gives us an idea what to expect