Good Sprint texting phone?

Last Updated:

1. Shouse

Shouse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thought this might be a fair place to ask.
    My wife is looking for a new phone on Sprint. She's not getting data, just texting, and their saying you can't get a smartphone if you don't have the data plan. I wanted her to get the Curve but she's being denied.

Anyone know of a good phone for texting for Sprint right now. She's wants the ability to write and save notes to herself like a PDA. It also needs to be of sturdy construction. Ideas? Lotus?

Advertisement
  2. MikeMcG

MikeMcG Well-Known Member

My wife had the Lotus and loved it for texting. It was actually a decent phone. Now they have the Lotus Elite, which I think has a touchscreen on the front. Only reason she got rid of it was because I gave her one of my old Blackberrys.

3. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

Why not get a smartphone and the cheapest plan? If she wants to do things like a PDA she's probably going to be disappointed by a dumbphone. The Moment would be great for texting and it can do SO much more that it will blow her mind! haha

But, if you're set on not getting a smartphone, I think every phone I've ever had has had some sort of notepad to enter and save text notes. As long as that's all she wants to do. Before we got our Heros my wife had an LG Rumor that she liked. Had a full keyboard that was nice to text on. You should be able to get one of those for very cheap.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you don't have a family share plan.. if you did, then she'd already have the data plan in place. I'd suggest either switching to a family share plan or getting a data plan for her because sooner or later dumbphones will be a thing of the past.. might as well get her a phone she'll be able to do the most with..