• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good Wired Headset with Mic

Does anybody know any good wired headset with mic?

I had the Motorola EH25 Stereo Earset (around $25). And i liked it before it broke in 2 months. And i want to get an new one. But i want something that will last me longer then that. Even though i didn't lose any money on those because i bought it from overstock with warranty and they ended gaving me the full refund with the price of product and the warranty price back . I am not big fan of blue tooth headsets because first you have to turn on the bluetooth on your phone and then pair it and also then u have to charge your bluetooth end of the day. In the end its too much of an hassle. Besides the quality of the sound through wired headsets are much better then the bluetooth from what i have experienced.

Any advice for good wired headsets(w mic). I will be using it for mostly phone calls and not that much music.

Verizon has the EH25 for sale for $15 online. I'm thinking of picking them up, but wanted to verify that the mic had a button to play/pause music and and answer calls on the Droid. Nothing I've read so far makes this clear. I'll pass if there is no answer button.

Thanks,
John

Upvote 0
I picked up an EH25 on Ebay. It was 3.99, but now it's 6.99 (includes shipping).
OEM Motorola EH25 Stereo Earbud MetroPCS Motorola VE440 The description said it came with a case, but it doesn't. It's just the headset with 4 foam earpiece covers you can put over the earpieces, a shirt clip, in a tiny ziplock bag. They are black wires with blackish/very dark purple speakers and mic. I tried to attach a picture. I didn't see a button on it at first. After a playing with it a while, I just squeezed the mic in the middle and it clicked. The button is inside the aluminum casing. It's like you squeeze a soda can, it bends and it clicks the button inside.

I have the HTC Droid Eris and it will mute/unmute when you are on a call. It will pause/unpause if playing music. For fun I clicked a bunch of times and it called the last person I called. ahaha so be careful how many times you click it.

Attachments

• IMG_2234 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_2234 [640x480].JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
I picked up an EH25 on Ebay. It was 3.99, but now it's 6.99 (includes shipping).
OEM Motorola EH25 Stereo Earbud MetroPCS Motorola VE440 The description said it came with a case, but it doesn't. It's just the headset with 4 foam earpiece covers you can put over the earpieces, a shirt clip, in a tiny ziplock bag. They are black wires with blackish/very dark purple speakers and mic. I tried to attach a picture. I didn't see a button on it at first. After a playing with it a while, I just squeezed the mic in the middle and it clicked. The button is inside the aluminum casing. It's like you squeeze a soda can, it bends and it clicks the button inside.

I have the HTC Droid Eris and it will mute/unmute when you are on a call. It will pause/unpause if playing music. For fun I clicked a bunch of times and it called the last person I called. ahaha so be careful how many times you click it.

Glad to hear it has a button on the mic. Thanks for confirming for me. The ebay deal is pretty good and no tax.

John

Upvote 0
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a new question. I have the Moto eh25 and like them, but the wire is getting a little old and gets in the way. I am thinking of getting a BT now. I found the BT350 online and it supports a2dp. I'm thinking of picking one up as they are around $35. Do any of you know if the call button supports play / pause of music?

Thanks,
John

Upvote 0
didn't look to see if anyone has posted these but the new Skullcandy 50/50's sold by apple (for right now) look great! I'm going to pick up a pair in the next couple weeks as I am constantly listening to music and taking phone calls and hate pulling the plugs out of my ears!

Let me know if anyone has these and if they work with the droid!

Upvote 0
Does anybody know any good wired headset with mic?

I had the Motorola EH25 Stereo Earset (around $25). And i liked it before it broke in 2 months. And i want to get an new one. But i want something that will last me longer then that. Even though i didn't lose any money on those because i bought it from overstock with warranty and they ended gaving me the full refund with the price of product and the warranty price back . I am not big fan of blue tooth headsets because first you have to turn on the bluetooth on your phone and then pair it and also then u have to charge your bluetooth end of the day. In the end its too much of an hassle. Besides the quality of the sound through wired headsets are much better then the bluetooth from what i have experienced.

Any advice for good wired headsets(w mic). I will be using it for mostly phone calls and not that much music.

I purchased a headsets for my Motorola E398 with 3.5mm plug online, and i am satisifed with the quality and just need USD11.00. But i don't know if the headset will for your Motorola EH25. If you need, i could send the link for you reference :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones