Goodbye AT&T! Hello Verizon!General

Last Updated:

1. teslas123

teslas123 Member This Topic's Starter

How glorious was the day when I was able to drop early out of my AT&T Contract and head on over to Verizon to pick up my shiny new Incredible.

Gone are the days of multiple dropped calls/day. Gone are the days of extremely sluggish 3g network (when you found it). Gone are the days of very poor call quality.

Hello Verizon. :)

Also, I wish to bury my blackberrys. 3 years of blackberries. I loved you for your email capabilities and the awesome GPS inside my BB 9000 (when you could finally get it to start and find a satelite). But now that I travel so much, there are only so many rounds of bubble breaker and dealing with slow loads from the crumby aps that a person can take.

So hello Incredible! Hello awesome interface, giant screen, and light weight. I know you have a few kinks to work out. But with my new 1750mah battery on the way, and future OTA updates, and Touchdown for my exchange app I see a good long friendship into the distant future.

Cheers,
    Teslas123

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

welcome my friend

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

You must not have seen all the "bad call quality/singnal issue threads" in the Incredible forum yet?

4. teslas123

teslas123 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the welcome and I've had my phone since the second day the phone came out. I have had no problems with call qualities and such. Anyhow, coming from ATT, even if I had 1 dropped call or one bad call a day, it would still a huge improvement! :)

5. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

He could have, but verizons signal issues may still be better AT&T's networks all together.

6. elrabin

elrabin Well-Known Member

I hope that is sarcasm. Its been proven that the number of bars shown by Android devices running 2.1 is artificially low. My signal strength is quite good, but i show 1-2 bars. *shrug* its a visual bug.

I just swapped from AT&T to Verizon as well. I can actually make calls or send / receive email whenever/whereever i want instead of being at the whim of the network

I had a Razr, Blackberry 8800, Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 on ATT and I couldn't be happier with my Droid Incredible and its fantastic service.

7. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

Thats what im talking about! Welcome!

8. j0se

j0se Member

I did the same =) Welcome you're going to love it. Nice to be able to drive home from work and talk to my girlfriend without a dropped call.

9. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I'm just comparing the dBm levels of other phones vs. the Incredible, in the Verizon store, along with other peoples' posts of same comparisons. Incredible consistently lower, in less than high signal areas, by 6-7dBm or more. I returned both of my Droid's due to reception issues, "in my area", that has (4+) Verizon stores in 6 mile radius, even after positive results of my antenna mod:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/19985-homemade-antenna-breakthrough-3g-1x-switching.html

As always, YMMV, but reception was never an issue with my Moto Q on AT&T, in the DC/Balt corridor, and throughout the northeast. Even reception on my n900 with T-Mo is proving less problematic than the Droid/VZ, though T-Mo signal has poor building penetration in some situations. But again, if you live in a strong signal area, then you'll most likely not have any issues.

FWIW, the HTC TP2 also exhibited varying bar levels, though I can not speak for its real-world performance.